• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

OC'ing the IC-7

Dazed1

n00b
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
22
I'm currently using a IC-7, with a 3.2E, 512 x 2 corsair in dual channel. If I go into the softmenu of the IC-7 and change the processor spedd settings using the stock voltage, my Sata drives stop working :confused: . Whats the best way to OC the IC-7 ? Am I doing something wrong ? and this is while trying to take the 3.2 to barely 3.3 or 3.4 :(
I'm sure the processor can be taken higher, and i had heard great reviews about the ic-7 as well. I only hope its not a screwed up board considering i did buy it refurbished from newegg back in January :(
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
You wont be able to OC much if that board doesnt have AGP/PCI or SATA frequncey locks.


How would I check that ? if I do disable sata, I can get the softmenu atleast upto 3.5. It does go into windows, but I didnt try much since I was on stock cooling till now.

Also, if it is not locked, how can I lock it ? :)
 
The IC7's do support AGP/PCI speed locking, its in the CPUSOFT menu. Lock the speeds at 66/33.
 
Back
Top