• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OCing Shuttle SN27P2, X2 6000+

Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
31
Okay, I'm looking at getting a bit more performance out of my Shuttle as I wont be able to fork out for any upgrades for a long time. My current setup is as follows (rest is in the sig):

Althon X2 6000+ @3.015Ghz (201Mh, x15, 1.344V)
G.Skill DDR2-800 5-5-5-15 2T 1.8V
X1950XTX GPU 648Mhz, Mem 999Mhz (GPU-Z)


Any ideas where I can/should start tweaking? I changed my mem settings this morning as it was set to auto in the bios which registered as DDR2-400 3-6-6-18. I haven't played with the CPU settings as, well I'm not sure where to start for the best improvement I can get without outlaying bucks. Lets just say that I'm an extreme noob when it comes to OCing, I've tinkered with my 1950 shortly after I got the system but have rebuilt a few times so its pretty much running at default settings.

Cheers
 
Trying to OC a Shuttle XPC for your first overclock may not be the best idea. I had an XPC and have another SFF system slightly larger than an XPC now. In both cases, I came to the conclusion that SFF and overclocking just don't mix. I am sure some will disagree and it is certainly possible but being in an SFF just constrains what you can do so much and your airflow is all chopped up vs a larger OC-friendly case. You can't add multiple fans, you can't add most 3rd party cooling solutions, etc.

My $.02 anyway - but good luck - and just remember if you don't get great results in your SFF don't let that put you off overclocking forever!
 
I remember having a 3GHz prescott in a Shuttle case...

Don't put hot chips in small cases!
 
Back
Top