• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC'ing problem with 3000+

OMoT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
173
Ive got a winchester 64 3000 that I've had since December of last year, but having felt like overclcoking until now. Anyways, I have it running windows right now at 2300mhz, but I've had to raise my v-core to 1.5, which is getting sorta hot. Prime95 ran 6.5 hours and then had an error and 3dmark03 crashes once i get to the cpu test. Whatsup?

AMD 64 3000 winchester
ABit AV8
1gig geil pc3200 @333
geforce 6800 vanilla
coolmax 450w ps
 
well i dunno how you got pc3200 at 330mhz.... RARELY can any memcontroller (especially winchesters) handle dual channel 1gb 330mhz. If I were you I would try a memory divider.
 
maybe he meant its 333mhz in dual channel, which would be using a 5/6 divider?
 
Yes, it is in dual channel, sorry about the lack of clarity. Since I'm sort o fnew to overclocking this platform, could anyone give anymore insight into memory dividers to see if it can help my problem?
 
My 3200 winnie is running @ 2.6, but I have a nice Hyper 6+ heatsink/fan on cpu. What cooling are you using? Notice I needed 1.65v to get there, think I needed 1.55 to get 2.4 and up... don't remember for sure. What is your HTT multiplier set at? If it is still @ 5 that is your problem, should be at 4.
 
BTW - don't worry about mem dividers for now... clearly not your problem. Also, what temps did you consider too hot?
 
For cooling, I have a TT venus 7, which isnt the best, but is a step up from a stock hs/f. I'm currently running at 260x9. My mobo wont allow me to change the multiplier so I'm stuck trying to get the best possible oc without changing it.

Temperature wise, I really am confused. My AV8 has this notorious temperature reading problem that leaves me in the dark. Idle, I'm running about 41-43c and under full load it ranges from 59-63. Of course, people have stated that their temperatures have been off by as much as 12 degreesc :eek:
 
vephs said:
maybe he meant its 333mhz in dual channel, which would be using a 5/6 divider?
no, he means DDR333.. dual channel or no dual channel. stupid marketing terms. :p

omot, that's kinda hot, misreport or no. how did you install the heatsink?
 
It came as a pre-packaged deal from monarch computers. When I first noticed the temps, I cleaned off the heatsink, put some as5 on it and reseated it. The temperature didnt change much, and I've heard its a waste of money to buy a better hsf for this motherboard, since it will always run hot.
 
download everest home edition and speed fan and see what they are reading. I would think they would still be off if your mobo is but might as well try it.
 
Back
Top