• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC'ing and Tweaking

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
Here are my system specs:
Athlon 64 3200+ 939 with stock HSF
DFI NF4 Ultra-D
MSI Gforce 6600GT
2x256 OCZ Performance Series
Maxtor 80gb 7200
80gb WD 7200
60gb WD 7200
Thermaltake Thermalrock 480watt PSU

I have done NO system tweaking for the past 4-5 months since I built my comp. I just feel that everything is unfinised and that I could squeeze more performance out if it. Also...my friend is going to sell me an almost unused stick of Corsair XMS 512 memory for $30 but I am already running dual channel for now with my OCZ. I REALLY want to be running at least 1gb and this is my opportunity to. If I can't buy another stick now what should I do in the mean time? Also...what do you recommend as far as OC'ing goes? Any other tweaks in the bios I should make?
 
Best thing for you is to oc that 3200. You should get an extra 200 to 400mhz out of it with stock cooling etc.
 
Considering my motherboard...the Ultra-D...what app would you recommend to OC it with? I have never OC'd before but many of my parts are ready for it.
 
wadec22 said:
I prefer to oc with the bios, if you have to go software use ntune.

Actually the mods @ dfi-street don't advocate the use of ntune.....one even suggests that it will cause your mobo to go up in flames :D I use clockgen to rough in the oc, before I go into bios 60-70 times bumping up htt.

melomania said:
Also...my friend is going to sell me an almost unused stick of Corsair XMS 512 memory for $30 but I am already running dual channel for now with my OCZ.

You might want to see if you can get that Corsair ram to work with your mobo before you buy it. Too many ppl at dfi-street having extreme difficulties using corsair w/dfi nf4 boards. Also, you'll mess up your dual channel config, and may have to do serious tweaks to ram timings to get everything to play nice using 3 ram slots & 2 diff brands of ram.
 
Back
Top