Ocing 9700 pro

zapian_

Weaksauce
I was able to install ATI silencer and ramsinks after carefully checking i have good flat contact on the GPU and enough thermal paste (AS3) for about 30mins. Everything runs smoothly but when i overclock, i can only go up 375/670 before its start to get artifacts. By looking around alot of forums i find ppl with same cooler able to hit atleast 400+/700+.

Is there anything I can do to make it hit higher like that w/o getting artifacts or i just have a bad card?

For anyone with this card, how much you were able to squeeze out of your 9700pro?

Note: I have good airflow in the case w/ 410w PSU.

"Looking around a forum" and seeing people's overclocks doesn't mean jack unfortunately. I have had numerous 9700 pro's, and they've overclocked to all different levels. My original hit 9800 pro speeds EXACTLY. The 9700 pro I bought recently only hit 366 core, shy of the 378 for a 9800 pro. Unless you do volt mods and such, I'd be really happy with hitting 9800 pro speeds. Remember, the 9700 pro was manufactured on a .15 process, so it doesn't have a huge level of overclocking head room. The 9800 pro is what you're thinking of. These can usually hit above 400 no problem with a silencer. Also, memory overclocks on this are dependant on what kind and what yeild. My original hit around 667 memory, the latest around 705-710. :eek:

Thanks for the input. I guess hitting close to 9800pro should be enough after all. :)

-Chris

When I had my 9700 I spent a couple hours one day figuring out how far I could push it. After all that time and effort I managed to squeeze out another 4 fps in Aquamark. I forget what my speeds were. In disgust I put it back to stock and ordered my current card.

Back