I finally built the new rig in my sig and I thought I would share my results. I built it last week and started to OC yesterday. Right off the bat I set the CPU to 333mhz x9 @1.25v. I ran Prime for 5 minutes then decided to bump the FSB to 400 and the multi to 8. When I did this I forgot to set my RAM bus to DDR2-800. My motherboard automatically adjusted the RAM for me and set it to 966mhz or around there (~483mhz FSB). I didn't realize this until I booted into Windows and fired up CPU-Z. I'm surprised my RAM was able to handle the boot into Windows. I set it back down to DDR2-800 speeds and have left my PC at the current 400mhz x8 @1.25v. My goal before I started was to go for 400mhz x8. Now I'm wondering if I should/could go to 3.6ghz @ 400mhz x9 .
I'm very happy with how easy the Q6600 OC'ed and how cool it stays. My previous PC was a P4 Northy cooled on water. What a huge difference keeping that thing OC'ed and cooled compared to this Q6600.
Forgive the pictures, they were taken from my cell phone.






I'm very happy with how easy the Q6600 OC'ed and how cool it stays. My previous PC was a P4 Northy cooled on water. What a huge difference keeping that thing OC'ed and cooled compared to this Q6600.
Forgive the pictures, they were taken from my cell phone.





