oc'ed my 3500 venice and now it wont start up

dza00

n00b
Hey all, I have been playing arond with my venice 3500 and got it up to around 2.42 stable. I changed the mult to 10x, HTT to 4x, upped the voltages and also upped the ram freq. My fsb was originally at 240 and the computer booted up fine. However, I upped it to 245 and now it just wont start up... my motherboard indicates that the CPU is stuck on he initialization phase. Is there a way to reset the default specs? I really need to get my comp back up and running. Thanks for any help

Dave

Clear CMOS jumper/button/switch FTW!

Check out your documentation, and you should be able 'short' the bios, resetting your mobo to stock speeds.

The processor is not "programmed" or something at 245, it's the motherboard's Eprom. Just reset your bios with the cmos jumper and you should be fine (look it up on how to do this in your motherboard instruction booklet),

How much voltage did you set it to??

cool, thanks guys. Doing this as we speak. I set the cpu voltage to 1.45 and ram voltage to 1.7.

awesome ! worked with the push of a button! going to try new settings now ; ;

Take it slow when overclocking you definately dont want to burn that 3500+

Also don't be quick to turn the voltage up. Try it in small increments until it works. Even if that means rebooting 20 times. Trust me it'll be worth the added life and stability.

TeamStrykerCore said:
Take it slow when overclocking you definately dont want to burn that 3500+

Also don't be quick to turn the voltage up. Try it in small increments until it works. Even if that means rebooting 20 times. Trust me it'll be worth the added life and stability.

20 mins to assemble
1 hour to cable clean
4 hours to find the right settings
Taking the 4 hours to get your system running correctly, Priceless

Back