Oceanhorn is coming to Steam. Zelda Windwaker inspired game.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Polygon article on Oceanhorn and how it is inspired by Zelda Windwaker.
Oceanhorn official website.
Oceanhorn trailer.

Oceanhorn's Steam version will be a completely remastered version of the game, a huge graphical and technical overhaul, that makes the game more suitable for bigger screens and more powerful hardware. The game has been redesigned for physical controls and it plays great whether you wish to play it with mouse / keyboard or with a gamepad!

All of the game's graphical assets have been tweaked for the PC platform. We added four times more polygons, sharper textures, normal maps, detail objects and new lighting effects such as dynamic ambient occlusion, soft shadows and realtime reflections to make Oceanhorn look stunning when played in 4K resolution.

Oceanhorn_iPhone6_screenshot_3.PNG

Oceanhorn-Steam-Screenshot-6.png

Oceanhorn-Steam-Screenshot-1.png

Oceanhorn-Steam-Screenshot-4.png

So this looks cool, but it being a phone game port has me worried.

played my very first zelda game like 15 years ago, LttP -> OoT -> MM -> then some zelda 1988 + zelda II -> my last one was way back when twlight princess came out on wii, skipped skyward sword because I wanted to christmas gift myself a zowie AM + G-TF speed combo straight from zowie's store (lol) I'm such a sucker for these things, I even sold my N64 + 2 controllers + goldeneye cartridge back in '05 and bought with the money a qpad midsense straight from sweden

hate to admit it, watching this steam trailer half-way got me biting lips and shedding tears like a little girl

IT'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL !!!!111!

I hope this version is good. I've looked at it a few times on the app store and just haven't gotten around to picking it up yet.

awesome, I didn't want to play this on my phone but I will get it for the PC. I'd actually like to see some more good mobile games come to the PC.

Inspired by? I'm all for games borrowing from other games that do something right, but that is a complete rip, right down to the clothing on the character. Even the level design looks copied then slightly modified to make it "unique".

This game is excellent, good to hear they're bringing it to the PC. Hopefully it will be as profitable for them on Steam as it is in the App Store.

I'm getting kind of a mobile game vibe from this one.

Good. This is the kind of game that will help convince people that's a good feeling to have rather than a bad one. It's a great Zelda-like, and being able to play it on the go was just icing on the cake. Now PC gamers can get in on it too, with enhanced graphics and controls.

Bought it for iPhone, and decided I needed a controller to play it. Glad it's coming to Steam.

Do people actually like this? I generally greatly dislike mobile games but this has somewhat piqued my interest. I'm simultaneously extremely interested because it's zelda like but also quite put off by how similar it is. Seems rather lazy in how similar it is.

Installed it on my XPS last night, and played with am xbox controller. It's a fun little game, but it crashes on my laptop. Haven't tried it on desktop yet.

It's full of game breaking permastuck bugs. I've been stuck behind a tree, behind a chest, in a nook. I fell off a short hop that looked traversable, it wasn't. I've put almost 3 hours into it and have only barely explored the second island. I'm done and I'm furious.

Cheap Zelda knockoff imo. Well done for a knockoff but one of the reasons I come back to Nintendo games is their supreme quality assurance when it comes to their big titles. You can be sure their games will be virtually bug free and have 8 coats of polish on them (not to mention the unique way Nintendo does things). This game has bugs and doesn't have that Nintendo uniqueness. Also the iOS limitation is easy to see in how the world is structured. It reminds me more of zelda on the DS than windwaker. Windwaker didn't have this squared structure to everything in the overworld. I dunno, I guess if you are absolutely dying for more zelda type gameplay it's fine but I would rather install dolphin emulator and play a real zelda.

Back