OCCT vs TAT

mtanc

n00b
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
32
Hi, all

Whenever I run OCCT for an hour, my core temps (according to CoreTemp) always stay at 45-46C. When I run TAT, they go right to 55-56C and stay there.

Does anyone have any idea why TAT runs higher? Is TAT pushing the CPU harder?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Mike
 
Might be...

TAT might be pushing a part of the CPU that's closer to the internal thermistor too...

Who knows. I can't get OCCT to work on my system, so I've got nothing for you...
 
Thanks,

Who knows? I like OCCT, but I am curious about the temps.I had to jack up the vcore a notch to get OCCT to run for an hour without a crash, and I would think with higher vcore, it would run hotter.I don't know. No biggie, just being anal.
 
I think TAT does that for everyone. My load temps in orthos and OCCT are 57-58, but with TAT I get 64-66.

I could be wrong, but I think TAT turns most of the transistors on so this produces the most heat. With the other programs(orthos, OCCT or whatever), alot of calculations are performed but not as many transistors are on at a given time ( I don't know anything about programing, but this is something I read on other forums).
 
Back
Top