• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC windows x64... Slow Gaming

Willsonman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
1,195
I hope I have placed this in the right area but I notice signifigant performance lag when I play HL2 under windows x64 edition. The wierd part is that the higer my OC is the slower the lag becomes. Performance is about the same when teh processor is at 2 ghz but at 2.7 it is very noticable... any suggestions as to why? See sig for system specs.
 
Sapphire ATI Radeon X700PRO 128MB 494/500
bottleneck?
 
I thought of that but would it make a difference between 32 bit and 64? I guess I just dont know enough to answer that directly.
 
OK, installed latest x64 catalyst and while I was at it I updated the NF4 drivers as well. Seems to have done the trick but I will play more with the DC bit. I think it has something to do with my memory settings.
 
Willsonman said:
OK, installed latest x64 catalyst and while I was at it I updated the NF4 drivers as well. Seems to have done the trick but I will play more with the DC bit. I think it has something to do with my memory settings.

More than likely it is the 64Bit drivers that suck. ATi always has lagged behind nVidia when it comes to alternate OS drivers. It may also be a driver setting.
 
Back
Top