• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC Temps on Overclocked Mobility 3650

Arnette

n00b
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
15
Hey there,

I just recently picked an an Asus F8VA-B1 laptop, with the core 2 duo P8400 @ 2.26 ghz (stock), and an ati mobility 3650 1gb @ 600/1600mhz

Now i'm sort of a noob on laptop temps, and i've tried googling this, but I was wondering what are acceptable temperatures for the CPU/GPU to run at?

I've overclocked the 3650 to 655/1800 and it seems to peak at 79/80 degrees C after 2 passes through 3dmark06. The CPU is running at stock speed, and i don't plan on overclocking it, but it seems to peak at 70/71 degrees C on the CPU tests.

Do these seem safe? I've read in a few places that ATI cores are pretty resilient to high temps, even as high as 100 degrees C, but I'd rather be safe than sorry XD

By the way, overclocking the 3650 raised my vista aero score from 4.7->5.1, and my 3dmark06 score from 3628 to 4050
 
It looks pretty okay to me, but what you should do is compare the overclocked temps to the stock temps and see if there's a significant difference. If not, you're fine, but if there is, then you might want to be a little concerned.
 
Back
Top