Darrell262
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Jul 9, 2004
- Messages
- 118
Ok, Intel core duo 2.4ghz chip at 3.150ghz with 2 8800gtx video cards 4 HD's (2 74gig raptors) 4 GIG ram (4 sticks) I forget the cpu voltage that make it stable, but it was low and the ram voltage is 1.9v and the other settings work at auto
Oh and a cd rom drive and a dvd drive
Power supply. Silverstone 750w Sli Cert psu. Helper PSU 5-1/4 FSP 300watt (It has 2 6 pin wires for video cards)
So at 3.150ghz I am prime 95 stable over a day. I want 3.6 ghz I can't get 3.6 stable
I have tryed alot of things.
So I tryed this. I took out a video card, and I disconnected the FSP 300watt helper psu.
3.6ghz prime 95 stable at 1.456v cpu mem 1.9v and all the other stuff on auto
(FSB1.4/HT nForce SPP<>MCP 1.2v/ nForce SPP 1.4v/nForce MCP 1.5v)
So I am happy, I got my 3.6ghz stable. prime95 stable.
Then I know that 3.6ghz is possible.
I stick in my 8800gtx back in. I plug in the fsp 300wattpsu
Reboot windows vista 64bit and the system runs a bit, locks up. no BSOD, just hard lock cant move the mouse.
I crank the cpu voltage up to 1.462v (next step) It boots, up, is fine, try running prime 95 it runs for 10 min locks up No bsod, just hard lock.
I crank up the other voltages all to 1.5v seems to help but not really. I can play wow and other stuff, as long as I dont run prime 95, and I dont get the system to 100% load
I tryed upping the voltage on the cpu and it doesnt seem to help much but a bit.
I tryed taking the FSP 300watt psu outa the loop. and it is worse with out it. locks up sooner.
Take the video card back out i am good again...
It seems like it could be the video card crashing, but i also get no sound as well...
Is it my psu? I paid alot of money for it its sli certified from nvidia. I also bought a helper psu to be on the safe side (so the psu doesnt have to work so hard)..
Ideas? I have the latest Bios for my evga 690i or whatever motherboard.
Oh and a cd rom drive and a dvd drive
Power supply. Silverstone 750w Sli Cert psu. Helper PSU 5-1/4 FSP 300watt (It has 2 6 pin wires for video cards)
So at 3.150ghz I am prime 95 stable over a day. I want 3.6 ghz I can't get 3.6 stable
I have tryed alot of things.
So I tryed this. I took out a video card, and I disconnected the FSP 300watt helper psu.
3.6ghz prime 95 stable at 1.456v cpu mem 1.9v and all the other stuff on auto
(FSB1.4/HT nForce SPP<>MCP 1.2v/ nForce SPP 1.4v/nForce MCP 1.5v)
So I am happy, I got my 3.6ghz stable. prime95 stable.
Then I know that 3.6ghz is possible.
I stick in my 8800gtx back in. I plug in the fsp 300wattpsu
Reboot windows vista 64bit and the system runs a bit, locks up. no BSOD, just hard lock cant move the mouse.
I crank the cpu voltage up to 1.462v (next step) It boots, up, is fine, try running prime 95 it runs for 10 min locks up No bsod, just hard lock.
I crank up the other voltages all to 1.5v seems to help but not really. I can play wow and other stuff, as long as I dont run prime 95, and I dont get the system to 100% load
I tryed upping the voltage on the cpu and it doesnt seem to help much but a bit.
I tryed taking the FSP 300watt psu outa the loop. and it is worse with out it. locks up sooner.
Take the video card back out i am good again...
It seems like it could be the video card crashing, but i also get no sound as well...
Is it my psu? I paid alot of money for it its sli certified from nvidia. I also bought a helper psu to be on the safe side (so the psu doesnt have to work so hard)..
Ideas? I have the latest Bios for my evga 690i or whatever motherboard.