OC software Asus

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Do you guys use the Asus software to Oc ? How well does it oc vs manually? Whenever ocing and rebooting it will not retain my oc for some reason. I have to oc with the software after each reboot. Any idea what might be causing this?

"Automatic" overclocking, in my experience, tends to massively overestimate the amount of voltage needed to keep a given chip stable and functioning. I've seen it put chips on 1.4V that happily run at 1.3, for example.

Learn how your BIOS works and do it there. While windows tools can be great for some things, BIOS overclocking remains the standard by which software is judged. None has yet beaten the flexibility and power of the BIOS.

My experience:

1. Installed AI Suite.
  2. Played around.
  3. Got deeply dissatisfied with results.
  4. Uninstalled AI Suite. Reset BIOS and redid OC, because AI Suite can actually change BIOS settings.
  5. Was happy.
  6. Partially reinstalled AI Suite because in-BIOS updater didn't like the update file. EZ Updater updated BIOS successfully.
  7. Thought "Maybe the rest of this is better than I remembered"
  8. Reinstalled whole suite.
  9. Suite promptly broke my fan profiles.
  10. Uninstalled AI Suite. Reset BIOS and redid OC, because AI Suite can actually change BIOS settings.
  11. Was disappointed in self. Got over it and became happy again. At least until the next time I feel the urge to change my build.
Conclusion: EZ Updater is okay. Don't even bother with the rest.

AI Suite isn't that bad. Fan profile wise it doesn't change anything, it just overrides the BIOS once in windows. It can actually be quite useful - for example if you want your PC to turn on with a full-speed fan profile, then once windows is loaded, turn on a silent profile. Useful if your case sits in sunlight and you want to avoid greenhousing your components during boot.

It also allows you to change fan profiles while in windows quite quickly, which is always nice to have.

The OC functions also work just fine, but they, as mentioned before, are over-the-top on voltage in order to ensure stability, which means the overclocks it generates usually run hot and consume too much power. The same speeds can usually be obtained from the BIOS with less voltage and equally good reliability.

Does anyone here have the Asus suite software? Can't you just use it to OC in windows instead of bios? For sum reason it will not use my overclock data after a reboot..I used to always use bios to oc and run stress tests but that takes up alot of time..also in the Asus software you can choose to use adaptive vcore and the software will also use less power depending on your usage. BTW when ocing what are all the bios settings you should be changing when I first set the pc up I just let the software OC but now curious if I can get better results?

Last edited:
Also my ram is only running at 800mhz is that normal with a 4400 mhz oc from stock 3.5? Also I dunno why ai suite won't save the oc I did in windows using the software?

Last edited:
I actually use the automatic OC on my ASUS board and it works great. It doesn't quite get as high an OC as I can get doing it manually, but I wasn't able to eek out that much more, and the voltage I needed was higher than the automatic OC. It really ends up depending on the CPU you get. The ASUS overclock tools are pretty much a one size fits all type deal.

Learn how your BIOS works and do it there. While windows tools can be great for some things, BIOS overclocking remains the standard by which software is judged. None has yet beaten the flexibility and power of the BIOS.

You've been told three times to learn to do it in the BIOS. Do that.

First, I believe you mean UEFI. Second, he doesn't need to be "told" anything. He came here with a question about the Auto OC features.

Back