• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC Questions: Problems/Options

Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
10
Alot of questions here, but I want to learn and could really use some help, so please work your way through this and inform me if you can.

I will be replacing my "no-name" gig of RAM soon with some better RAM, but I'm trying OC the RAM I currently have.

However, when I raise it from auto to just 433 (can go up to 500+) in the BIOS, my system wont boot and I have to jump the CMOS and reset everything again.

Cpuz says the max bandwidth for my RAM is 200mhz, but it's DDR400 and the BIOS says otherwise.

This MSI board comes with it's own "high performance" settings, but they don't show you what the actual changes are that are being made. Actually, it does nothing.

Only when I do it manually, which then shuts of the Dynamic Overclocking Technology (D.O.T.) does it show me raising automatically the voltage to my AGP when I attempt to OC my RAM.

I'm running in Native Mode, RAM currently at 2.60v running at only 200mhz, according to Cpuz... it's DDR400 RAM, so it should be running at 400, right? That's what it says in my BIOS.

Also, what can I OC my P4 3.2ghz CPU to?

Do I need to raise more than one thing if attempting to OC just one thing? (i.e. raise CPU if OCing RAM etc.? Or voltages?)

What can I do here?

Also, there's an option to OC the AGP/PCI settings, currently running at 66.66/33.33. Would OCing this actually boost my current card's performance?

Whatever help you guys can offer would be appreciated.
 
Back
Top