• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC question about my mobo

merc68

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
153
I'm new to overclocking and have one question. I have my q9300 running at 3.0 prime stablefor 6 hrs at 1.200v on a p-35-ds3r. My question is how much am I shortening the life of the board running it at 1600fsb. I think the cpu should be fine for longterm running at stock voltage but I dont want to fry the board. I want this machine to last a few years. Any input is appreciated.
 
The DS3R supports 1600Mhz FSB. I don't think you need to worry about it.
 
Sorry I havent been able to respond here. Working alot. Revision 2.1 of the board does support 1600fsb according to Gigabyte but my revision1.0 board only says 1333mhz. So I guess I'm still left with the concerns I had of severly shortening the life of the board.
 
I was mistaken. On the processor list for my board it lists the QX9770. So I guess 1600fsb is supported. ;)
 
Back
Top