OC problems

manwe42

Weaksauce
got my fsb to 200 mhz, stable in prime95 for hours (have yet to see it fail but only tested for 4 hrs or so). Have not seen any system instability other that graphics related. 3dmark wont run without crashing, cant play RvS without the vpu recover kicking in every 20 minutes or so, all desktop crashing has been related to ati drivers. i used the software uninstall and reinstalled the 4.1 cats, to no avail. and the agp bus is set to 66mhz in bios.

specs in sig, any help is appreciated.

nice 0/C. what are your ram timings and what is the 9700 running at? that could affect things cuz i can run all those at the settings in my sig.

Voltages? You might want to up Vcore and/or Vdimm. Seems like many people have this type of problem...yet I don't remember how they fixed it.

9700pro is at stock
ram is at 200mhz\2-3-3-7 i might be able to go lower but im more worried about stability right now.

ive stressed the hell out of the cpu\memory subsystems. i just cant run any graphics apps with out problems. arg...im going to reinstall gfx drivers right now.

Many people post about this type of problem at the Strictly AMD forum. Might want to try there if nobody with past experience with this problem answers.

Back