Now I've posted this before and the census was keep what I have, however, I basically cannot OC this damn system for very long, as in I get data corruption and tons of blue screens after a while that have to do with the AGP as well. So, I am getting rid of this damn mobo (ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe) I like ASUS boards because they ARE rock solid, as my problems seem to be with either the SATA HDD and or the lack of a pci lock. The memory isn't bad as I have run tons of test and used all kinds of different high quality memory. The PSU is fine and not even close to being maxed out and my driver etc. are all up to date and are compatible. No new software/updates are installed.
I'm using this opportunity to upgrade to an FX-55 that a buddy has for trade (car parts) so my question is : Does ASUS have an SLI board with a pci lock? and how many of you are running raptors or any SATA drives with a nice OC, and whats your experience's. If ASUS doesn't have one whats the next best thing that does, including SLI?
I know I can run a lower mem to cpu ratio yaddy yaddy yadda as well as other "tricky" bios settings but screw that, I want something that has a damn lock so I dont have to be a magician to make it all work. Right now I was only running the cpu at 2.4Ghz, memory was 2.5-3-3-8 on the Corsair XMS Plat. Voltz were up on mem and cpu, temps were 116F/120 under load. I have tried many combo's.
Thanks for all your help in advance.
I'm using this opportunity to upgrade to an FX-55 that a buddy has for trade (car parts) so my question is : Does ASUS have an SLI board with a pci lock? and how many of you are running raptors or any SATA drives with a nice OC, and whats your experience's. If ASUS doesn't have one whats the next best thing that does, including SLI?
I know I can run a lower mem to cpu ratio yaddy yaddy yadda as well as other "tricky" bios settings but screw that, I want something that has a damn lock so I dont have to be a magician to make it all work. Right now I was only running the cpu at 2.4Ghz, memory was 2.5-3-3-8 on the Corsair XMS Plat. Voltz were up on mem and cpu, temps were 116F/120 under load. I have tried many combo's.
Thanks for all your help in advance.