OC P4 2.4ghz

nats1956

Limp Gawd
I got a problem with my vid when I OC my P4 2.4ghz C - when I'm gaming My video will start to flicker really bad- have to drop the mem to 228 to stop the flickering. Using a Abit IS-7 MB w 2x512mb Hyper -X PC4000 and ATI AIW 9800Pro- otherwise I have no problem

I know it sounds dumb, but do you have your PCI / AGP lock set to 33 / 66 mhz?

my 2.4c runs at 250 mhtz fsb fine i dont have any flicker problems... im thinking you dont have your pci/agp lock set as well

yes I have it locked to 33/66 and 1-1 250/250 have to lower to under 228(mem) to stop the flickering or run the mem @ 5-4. I tried a pair of CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency 2-2-2-5 and I still get the flickering. I can run my 2.4 @ 250/200 no problem- it when I increase the memory speed pass 228 that I will get the flickering. The flickering is only when I play games!

Ahhh dont you love computers, ha. Check your voltage you have set. Maybe somehow you changed the card voltage for the AGP slot. Keep it at 1.5v. If its still flickering then check for power connects and stuff. Its all little things that could be causing this. If those dont do anything then just check drivers or bios's. Id update the mobo bios to see if it fixs the problem. updating the bios if it doesnt fix it is still good. good luck

AGP @ 1.5v bus is lock @33/66 mem volt @ 2.7 updated all opf the bios and drivers- still s
the same- swiched out vid cards still the same- Havent tried a nvidia card, cause I don;t have one. running stock on the cpu

Its not the MB- I've swap it with a new one-same problem. It not really a flicker-more like lightning strikes across my display- flashs across the screen. .

Back