OC noob... AMD64 help...

ajbuchan

n00b
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
10
Ok, I am building a value PC over break (<$1000). I am a noob to OCing but I want to try a small OC with the stock HSF. I already read the manual/FAQ on OCing here at [H], but I have a few questions.

Here is what my setup will be:

AMD64 3000+ 90nm Winchester (939)
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra (939)
(2) Muskhin 512MBPC3200 Basic (2.5-4-4, 2.6v)
XFX nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Video Card 128MB DDR

This would be my first OC, so I need some tips. I don't want to push it (not a big gamer), so maybe I can get this up to 2.0 or 2.2 Ghz stable? Will I have to change the voltage, ram timing, or OC the vid card for a small OC? I heard it was easy with this board/processor, so any advice would be good. TIA.
 
Not that much (AOE, NFSPU2, etc and not HL2, DOOM3, etc). I know that card sucks, but value is the key and I got the card cheap ($20). Unless the vid card will give me a signifigant bottleneck, and I can get a better card for ~$50, I am stuck with it. I'll hopefully get a 6800 in a couple months when I have more money.

EDIT: I'll take a look at that card. Thanks.
 
Back
Top