• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC help

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
6,781
EP45-DS3R, e8400, ddr2 800. rest info is in sig.

SO I'm trying to hit 4.0 for 24/7 use. I have doen this before with my ole ep35-ds3l with 445 fsb x9 w/ voltage at 1.34.

But with my new board I can't seem to get it stable above 3.6 ( 400 FSB) and I'm sure i'm doing something wrong as this board has alot more bios menus etc.

400 fb
9 multi
1.25vcore
1.2 mch
2.1vram
ram is set to 2.0 and runs at 800.

I can OC in bios to 445 FSB and run memtest for hours on end. But i can get into windows about 1 outta 6 restarts and when I do, orthos fails in a few mins. My temps are all fine which idle around 35-39. I'm lost. Am i possibly at my peak?
 
You had Vcore at 1.34 for 445x9 and now you're at 1.25, and expect to get the same clocks?

Bump up the Vcore...
 
Sorry i forgot to add. I had the vcore up to 1.4 and still get orthos error. Was stating my 3.6 OC is stable at 1.25
 
Try increasing NB and FSB voltage up a notch and see if that makes any difference. Since memtest ran fine, we can safely assume it's not the RAM.
 
seems its my voltage. i can get 410 off 1.275, but if I want to jump to 415 I have to jump the volts up to 1.33, weird
 
Back
Top