OC Double Check

Denamian

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 (with Arctic Silver 5) - and a Scythe Slipstream to put in my case near my motherboard.

Before new parts (idle):
CPU:56c
Mobo/NB: 40c

New parts (idle):
CPU:40c
NB:35c

I was happy with the result, so I decided to go ahead with the OC.

Original numbers:
FSB: 200
Multiplier: 13x
Voltage: 1.31v

Oc Numbers:
FSB: 200
Multiplier: 15.5x
Voltage 1.38v

This put my idle temps (with the new parts) up to:
CPU: 45c
NB: 40c

I'm thinking about buying another of the Slipstream fans to put on my case near the motherboard to lower that a bit further, but other than that. I wanted to ask if anyone saw anything alarming in my numbers (voltages, temps, etc).

I'm pretty happy with the result so far, and have had no stability issues. The final result was a 3.11GHz (up from 2.6). I had read that the OC threshold for the Phenom I processors is around 3.18 in terms of stability, so I think I am safe where I am. Just wanted to double check with you guys, since I'm still pretty new to the world of OCing.

Also, for what it's worth, a 35% load pushes my heat to 48c and 41c still on the mobo. So it only raises my temp by 3c/1c above idle.

That being said, am I safe where I am? Up the voltage to 1.4 just to be safe? (I find that it runs at 1.38 when I idle, and 1.39 when under the a fore-mentioned 35% load)

Lower the multiplier to 15?

I'm open to any suggestions, want to make sure everything is kosher.

Thanks a ton guys!

everything seems fine to me.. temps are within the norm for that processor and voltage.. northbridge temps are perfectly fine.. unless you see them in the high 50's to 60's then you dont really need to worry about them..

Thanks =)

With the voltage bumping up like that when it's under load... does that mean that I need to up it myself? Or, is that just the motherboard compensating automatically?

I had it set to 1.36 at first, and it bumped to 1.37... so i set it to 1.38 and now it's bumping to 1.39.

Does this mean that the voltage bumps are normal under load, and acceptable? (Meaning I could set it back down to 1.36.)

Or is this a sign that the voltages are still too low? (In which case I would probably up it to 1.4.)

Sorry for all the questions :) I admit that the voltages are the part of overclocking that I understand the least about.

I've done a fair amount of reading, but I haven't really found anything yet that lays it out in detail. Usually they say something along the lines of, "start high and keep lowering it until you lose stability." Open-ended statements like that make me nervous, so I'm trying to learn more about it here.

Thanks again!

Back