oc bios flash on ecs k7s5a

egon_dude

Limp Gawd
hey guys
ive recently aquired a second system to use as a dedicated lan game server- its a 1700+ with 512mb ram and a radeon 7000ddr 64mb, trouble is it wont lets me oc at all which is really frustrating. i found and dowloaded a bios off the net called "honeyX OC bios" that would appear to let you overclock on this board. ive never flashed a bios before- i was wondering 1) how i do it 2) what precautions to take, and 3) if anyone has experience with this bios and wether it actually works.

cheers, matt:D

I had that same board and the modified BIOS files that you can download only give you specific FSB settings. You cant change them by single numbers and you can't even touch the multiplier.

It'll give you options like 133/133, 143/143, 147/147, 150/150, 166/133, 166/166, ect

I couldn't get it up any higher than the 147 setting stable. In any case, the ECS website. Download FlashAMI from there and follow the steps. http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/flashAMI.html

Good luck :)

bah, i had that board, hated it, so glad it blew up within 1yr cause then i could replace it with a nice nForce 2 board - and no one could complaign about me needlessly upgrading

Back