OC AMD 64 3000+ Problem

Jaden

Weaksauce
I have it oc'd to 2.15Ghz atm, but when i go to 2.2Ghz, my computer reboots randomly. (at 2.15 its stable though). I was wondering if it's because I haven't given the cpu any extra voltage? Is the comp restarting because the cpu isn't getting enough power? Any reccomendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Try lowering your RAM multiplier to 5:3. Also, have you tried to increase your core voltage? What core stepping do you have? (CAAMC, CAAOC...etc) Do you know if your board has an AGP lock?

here's the problem, I have a Gigabyte K8NNXP mobo, and I can't find the FSB multiplier in there (and im not a total dumbass, it simply isn't there). i think its automatically set. :(

I'm not sure if you even need to raise vCore higher than the factory set 1.4v, because 215mhz fsb isn't that big of a jump.

You should be grateful though, because 1:1 ratio tight RAM timings and you still managed 215mhz stable is impressive. =)
I'm stuck on 209 mhz stable, 210-212 mhz slight instability, 213+mhz is complete instability (random BSOD, reboots, etc).

If you wanna go the high FSB route (since you apparently can't change ratio), relax your RAM timings to really high numbers. Up your vCore by like 0.1v and increment FSB.

Edit: Hmmm, your RAM is already 2.5-4-4-7... that's pretty laxed.. dunno what's causing instability then.

No Problem running my A64 3000 at 10X230 = 2300MHZ with the Vcore at 1.6 on my Shuttle AN50R mobo, the system will run just fine at 240 FSB but when im burning movies and shit it kinda makes me feel like im pushing it, i hate making coasters on a random lockup lol.

Originally posted by Marcdaddy
No Problem running my A64 3000 at 10X230 = 2300MHZ with the Vcore at 1.6 on my Shuttle AN50R mobo, the system will run just fine at 240 FSB but when im burning movies and shit it kinda makes me feel like im pushing it, i hate making coasters on a random lockup lol.

You can do 230mhz FSB, 1:1 Ratio, AND 2 (CL) - 2 (Trcd) - 2 (Trp) - 3 (Tras) ?

No i need to change the sig its at 6/3/3/2 ram locked at 200MHZ/400DDR the board lets you lock the Ram timings

Originally posted by Unit-0

I'm stuck on 209 mhz stable, 210-212 mhz slight instability, 213+mhz is complete instability (random BSOD, reboots, etc).

This sounds like me :D

I got the Corsair value select memory and its @ 2-3-3-5 and stable. I have the voltage @ 2.9v to make it stable @ 209mhz.
CPU is still at defualt volts and running fine ;)

Your mobo has the nForce3 150 chipset. Does it have an AGP lock? (I'm not sure if all nForce3 150 mobos have AGP lock)

All the Mobos that i have seen that are NForce3 150 have had it, but ill do research and see which ones dont. I have the Asus SK8N on the FX system and the Shuttle AN50R for my A64 3000, both have the lock and bothe are N3 150s

Back