• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC advice

Zayla74

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
64
For the longest time my PC would always fail 64bit Prime. Yet, passed 12hrs + using the 32 bit version. So....

I decided to try Linpack (64 bit)and yet same .. failed. Usually 2-3 errors in a 10 test run.

After much trial and error I think im good now. I ended up lowering my my clocks a bit however to get a stable Linpack result. 385FSB (3.466)
Some voltages needed to be changed .. Primarily:
CPU: 1.26
NB: 1.35 <<This is up from default 1.26>>
FSBVTT: 1.18 <<Up from default 1.1>>

With this set up running intel burn test (64bit) it passes 15 runs. Oddly .. it will still fail a 64 bit prime run within 10min ..... so i dont know ... but linpack says stable ...

So... my question here is if the 1.35 NB voltage and 1.18 VTT is SAFE for 24/7 use. Being a x48 chipset and 45 nm cpu.

Also, GTL ref voltages are at default .. .67 .. but been reading some say it should be .63? Make much of a difference?

Beginning to thing my cpu itself may just be bad ...
I know all cpus OC diffrently .. and many have diff views of what is stable ...
But just curious ... being as it will still fail Prime 64bit ... but 15 pass Linpack says stable and 12+hrs Orthos says stable would you deem it as OK?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
 
Your NB and VTT voltages look fine to me, as does everything else. As for your relatively low overclock, I would think that it's simply a matter of CPU voltage. Try raising it to ~1.35v and see if you can get a better stable clock. My Q9550 does 3.8GHz Linpack stable at 1.325v, so your E8400 should do at least that well, and probably better.
 
Thanks Zero.

I just wanted to be sure about those VTT and NB voltages before I started pushing things up more on the CPU. Leaving them at stock for some reason causes it to fail really quick ...

Thanks again.
 
Back
Top