Mobo: Gigabyte x58A-UD5 269
Ram: G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: CMPSU-950TX 950W
GPU 1: Gigabyte GTX 480
GPU 2: Gigabyte GT 240
TV Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR
Boot Drive: 1 TB Samsung
Case: Xclio Windtunnel Bought

What do you all think of my settings below? Where can I improve? I know vcore is kinda highish for this clock speed...but I'm 6 hours into Prime95 and peak temp is 63 (real temps is off by 20, haven't calibrated it yet).

cpuzz.png

cpuzmem.png

et6.png

realtemp.png

Thanks.

Last edited:
First off your temps are super high. As the tjmax is around 100°c. So if you are idling at 82°c then you got a bad mount or bad air-flow. So the first thing i would recommend would be get the temps down.

First off your temps are super high. As the tjmax is around 100°c. So if you are idling at 82°c then you got a bad mount or bad air-flow. So the first thing i would recommend would be get the temps down.

That seems to be an @ load screenshot. Still a bit high though.

Yes i missed the 6 hours in prime95. But honestly i would use LinX and call it a day. Try adding another fan to the h-50 for push and pull. Maybe some higher cfm fans would help you out some.

Slap a zod in that beast!!

No really, get yourself an ultra kaze and bolt it to the H50. Those fans lowered my gpu temps by 15c.

I have my i5 around those temps at that clock and realized that those temps weren't worth blowing a hole in my mobo. Tone down the clock to 3.6 and you might see a nice drop in temps without sacrificing much performance.

Back