• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC 8800gt shader clock

Nora

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
137
I bought a Palit 8800gt 512mb a couple of weeks ago and was finaly able to try to overclock it with the VDO tool that came with it. The defaults are set at: core clock 600 mhz, memory clock 900 x 2 mhz, and shader clock 1500 mhz. I used Oblivion as a test game, set to full eye candy except for the shadows (shadows in games bug me, they were all turned off). Working up one at a time I was able to get it to play stable for an hour with the core clock at 700mhz, and then the memory clock at 990 mhz, then both for an hour.

There is a box marked "link clocks". With the box checked it raises the shader clock to 1750 mhz. I was able to play with out any glitches for 2 hours with these settings. I set the fan to 100% and the gpu temp stayed at 59c

Ok now my question. What should I do about the shader clock? Just leave it as is being linked? Or should I set the others back to default and see how high I get the shaders? This is my first real try at ocing, so any workable suggestions would be appriciated. :)
 
overclock all three as far as possible. lol. Unlink the shaders and take em as far as you can go. I also suggest you use Riva tuner.

And the best yield on the 8800GT comes from pushing the memory as far as it can go. Thats the common bottleneck.
 
And the best yield on the 8800GT comes from pushing the memory as far as it can go. Thats the common bottleneck.

How high are you thinking I should get? At 995 mhz and above, when running across one of the wooden bridges in Bravil (hopefully you play) the back round looks fine but the planks on the bridge become blurry as shit!
 
Back
Top