• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Oc 2.4b

W4ngsta said:
For anyone who has an P4 2.4B. Can anyone tell me the potenial overclock of this proccy? Ive heard that it can hit 3Ghz easily with just stock cooling, but I want to hear from people who have actually had sucess in overclocking this proccy to such high clocks. I want to ask you guys b/c i have a 2.4B proc and just bought an abit ic7-g Max-2 mobo. I wonder how hard it is to get it up to 3.6 (My Ideal speed: perfect for ddr400 ram) with a rather anemic water cooler such as a ThermalTake BigWater...

Best I could ever do with mine was 3.0 to 3.2 with really good cooling. As I recall (it's been a while) most people were in or around that range when it first came out.

Luck
 
Yeah, 3.0-3.4ish seems about what I can do... I think I can do 3.2 on my 2.4C (Not a huge difference.. I got a 'bad' one, so its about the same) before I need to play with voltages, which I have no idea what to do with.. I'll wait til my other computer is done before I fiddle with things that can actually break something o.o

Yes... Im a wuss when it comes to overclocking.. dividers ftw? lol
 
Expect around 3ghz. 2.4B's were not spactacular overclockers, although there are some M0 2.4B's around. Be carefull raising your vcore, P4B's were prone to SNDS. You can probobly forget about 3.6ghz.
 
Back
Top