Obsidian 800D Owners - Question

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
To all you lucky Obsidian 800D owners out there - I have two questions for you :)

1. There's a considerable gap between the top of the motherboard and the top of the case - most likely designed to accommodate a nice WC radiator and fan setup. I am wondering, however, if there is enough room up top to hold a PSU - provided the back of the case is modded to accommodate airflow. IE I'd be looking to use the entire bottom compartment for something else (Stacked radiator and a Pico-ITX system), and would need to put the main PSU up top, in that vented portion. I am aware it would block one of the 120mm top fan slots.

2. Just how much space (height) IS there in that bottom PSU compartment. From the bottom of the case, to the bottom of the case subfloor - how many inches do I have to work with (for stacked radiators).

Cheers everyone - Any information on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

My HX850 is a tad over 3.5" high. From the top of the case to the top of my ATX mobo is 4+ inches. So yes, it looks like with modding it is quite possible.

About 5" if you remove the PSU risers. (Risers are about 3/8th of an inch)

P.S.

I just realized width may be an issue due to the side panel arm buttons on the rear. Under 6" wide (Or deep if viewing from the side of PC.) and you should be good though.

Thanks so much for that - Yeah, even if the buttons do get in the way, I'm sure I could modify the PSU to stick out a bit, past the buttons, and still have more than enough room for 2 more 120mm fans up top.

One last question: In the pic below, there's a red line. It goes from the back of the case - to where the subfloor ends. Do you have any idea how long the subfloor is? I need to know if a radgrill can fit there with a bit of modification.
corsair_800d_2.jpg

Cheers!

16" give, no take, a mm or 3. That is measuring up to the lip on the back of the side. So add 1/2 an inch to the back of the case.

Awesome - so a 16" radgrill will fit down there perfectly, provided I find another way to route my tubing.

I appreciate all your help, and your clever username too.

Back