Obscure mouse problem

Recently I came in to find my desk soaked in water but thank god my keyboard and computer are ok, my mouse however is certainly not. I've placed it in an airing cupboard for a few hours and I'm convinced it's no longer wet (internally) but I'm still having problems with buttons (left-click not always working correctly, middle button not working at all) and sometimes i can't get the taskbar at the bottom to work (as in i move the mouse to it but it won't acknowledge mouse clicks while the desktop does), now is this purely a hardware problem and I need to invest in a new mouse? Or will it slowly regain it's lost functions?

Thanks for any help.

Was it just water? If so I would leave it for another few hours just to see if there is any wetness left. Sounds like it is a good idea to upgrade your mouse. :mad:

Well hopefully I can leave it a bit longer and all will be good if not looks like I'm in the market for a new mouse, any recommendations just in-case? :D

It can take a couple days for things like mice to dry out completely... If it was just water it should be fine once it's completely dry... But if not I would personally recommend the MX518.. it's an awesome mouse in my opinion..

Considering it is a Logitech and carries a 5 year warranty, why not just call in for a warranty replacement? You don't have to send the old one back.

Considering it is a Logitech and carries a 5 year warranty, why not just call in for a warranty replacement? You don't have to send the old one back.

Warranty requests take a while to process, and when it comes to water damage, some manufacturers will just say you spilled someone on it and it is your fault. I have lost a few keyboars due to spills, all in all, since mine are cheap, just buy a new one and get on with things.

All you have to tell them is "xxx button stopped working". You don't have to give a dissertation to them. Seeing as how he is looking for a new mouse regardless, why not just have them DHL him a new one for free?

Back