Oblivion: Schweeet Gear Thread!

Sunin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008
Just found a kick ass ring!

Ring of the Iron Fist:
Fortify Hand to Hand 25 pts (I'm at 100 already so not sure what good this will do)
Reflect Damage 33% on Self

So if you Add:

Chorrol Shield (39%)
Necklace of Swords (33%)
Ring of the Iron Fist (33%)

Your over 100% reflect Damage = Unstoppable! Weeee

What else have you found that is just absolutely open a can-o-whoop arse?

Sunin

Unstoppable? no...not quite. You'll still take damage...it's just the attacker will as well...

You're not quite the juggurnaut, bitch. But, that is a damned nice combo :)

Hmmm, I'll have to watch that some time. I just recall things dying very fast and my health not going down much. You maybe right that it just kills them faster which translates to less dmg to me. Hmmm, wonder what the maximum would be? 300% as 300 seems to be the max for most things?

As a mage I don't have a lot of battle-specific enchanted items (aside from Umbra or Sufferthorn, which aren't mage-specific anyway). However, I've found two Rings of Perfection that fortify stats in about 10 different areas, as well as a handy water-walking ring and some fortifications in other useful areas (like magicka or willpower).

Heck, the Ring of Perfection alone is worth 8100 gold! :D

I've also enchanted several pieces of glass armour with Chameleon spells, thus yielding a >100% chameleon. Makes the game a little easy, but damned fun!

Have the ring and the shield, (would like to find the necklace ;) ), but as it is i barely have to swing at the mobs, most dungeons i can walk thru with only a minor heal spell equiped and let them kill themselves as they hit me.

Mundane Ring(valued at 21,600):
Reflect Spell 33%
Resist Magic 50%

That alone goes a long way towards keeping you alive. Although you typically only find magic people on the main/mage quests.

Also if you prefer ranged attacks chameloen on your armor is fairly hard to live without. Reflect Damage doesn't do a whole lot if nobody hits you to begin with. I know as a mage seldom does anyone get close enough to me to actually hit me with anything melee. Plus when you can keep sniping guys with a bow for about 80dmg/shot it doesn't take to long.

Managed to find two Mundane rings and unfortunately can't equip both at the same time :mad:

Anarchist4000 said:
Mundane Ring(valued at 21,600):
Reflect Spell 33%
Resist Magic 50%

thats cool.

I got a "Aegis Shield" (15,xxx)
Resist Magic 100%

goes nicely with spell absorb
(no damage to you, just magika regen)

you can also make one (spell + item + gold)
(or get the sigil stone - save-load untill you get what you want)

Those reflect damages artifacts and stats are nice until you get to a part where you actually want soembody to kill you (coughdaedricquestcough). ;)

Kevlarman said:
Those reflect damages artifacts and stats are nice until you get to a part where you actually want soembody to kill you (coughdaedricquestcough). ;)

Meh, just unequip and you're all set.

youll find the water walking ring in random caves n such.
the underwater breathing ring is damn useful though and you get from a quest from that guy who lives just outside imperial city.

actually my lvl 20 monk is unstoppable.. and all he has is his AC at 85 from wearing enchanted clothes. i dont even have the ring of iron fist for him yet. but reflect damage ontop of my monks capped AC of 85% would just be even more game breaking.

http://media.putfile.com/Arena-Brawling

armor class, or armor rating. which ever you prefer calling it

the way armor is done in Oblivion is if you see you have 15 armor you really have 15% damage reduction and it caps at 85 or 85%

Back