Oblivion on a MacBook

Arti

Weaksauce
Not just any MacBook, a first edition, 1.67 GHz Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) MacBook! Although I've upgraded the RAM to 2 GB.

I've read reports of people using Oldblivion and getting pretty solid performance on low settings with 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM MacBooks. What are the chances I can do the same with mine?

Ouch. A Core duo (especially the slowest one ever offered by Apple) is not going to have a good time with the game. Neither will the integrated graphics card. If you absolutely must use this, then I would say you should upgrade to a 7200RPM hd for some extra performance. See if there is a pin mod overclock for your CPU as well.

idk what your gpu is but i have a 2ghz core duo 2 gig (i had 1 gig at the time) with a x1600 256 and it ran smoothly. Not on high, no. But it ran fine and it still looked nice.

idk what your gpu is but i have a 2ghz core duo 2 gig (i had 1 gig at the time) with a x1600 256 and it ran smoothly. Not on high, no. But it ran fine and it still looked nice.

Hes talking about a regular macbook not a pro, im gonna say youll be able to run it on low with 10-20fps (maybe more if your lucky) with oldblivion, but ull never know until you try so go ahead and install and tell us how it runs

Yeah, I'm not expecting good performance, but the worst that can happen would be that I would just have to uninstall it. So I'll give it a shot sometime.

oh, sorry i read the thread wrong. That's what lack of sleep becuse of finals week does... stupid alogrithms and data structures course.... binary trees... easy concept... annoying to remember how to code.

Yeah, I'm not expecting good performance, but the worst that can happen would be that I would just have to uninstall it. So I'll give it a shot sometime.

Hey, sometimes that's what it takes, just give it a go and see what happens :)

Back