• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Oblivion object space glitches

GreyMatterTripp

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
96
In Oblivion on PC when I go into certain/most rooms the books are now spaced apart and anything on plates is levitating above the plate. Could this be from a problem in the software or hard ware based (most unlikely I know)????
 
Its not a glitch, hardware or software wise. Its how the physics are programmed. Each object uses a bounding box. Basically an invisible recrangle/cube that is used because it results in only having to use about 12 polygons to calculate object interactions rather than if it used object geometry instead. in the case of a plate around 50-100. This cuts the processing power needed for the physics down a hell of a lot.

Here's a very crude image of what i mean


Each bounding box in the game also has a small buffer region around it to help prevent object s clipping through each other and throwing the physics calculations out of whack. Which is why things seem to levitate.

So in short, dont worry about it, its meant to be like that. Just looks a bit cacky
 
That is not as funnah as when I go out to the stables and my Black Horse is stuck half way thru a Painted Horse.
 
I *love* it when you sit down at a table and make several plates/utinsles/food go flying across the room.

Its really fun when a group of NPCs sits down at once and there is a storm of crap flying around.
 
I just didn't notice it before I guess.

And some objects fit nicely on the places they are supposed to go, food in bowls neatly etc.

How can this be explained if every object has this box???

some how this calculation is being dumbed down from what it was before, I distinctly remember books stacked side by side, and some objects still do not display this strange behavior.
 
Back
Top