Oblivion multiplayer mod?

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
Can you run around with a buddy on a seprate PC on oblivion? Anyone know of a mod

Edit*
I mean i've found some, but does anybody currently use one?

edit agian*
OK multiplayer oblivion sounds dumb after browsing mmorpg.com for an hour or so.. This gods&heros game looks freaking sweet though. been reading on the forums for awhile and i really want to get into some mmorpg

Please start threads in the proper subforum. - Slartibartfast

poor Obliv. can barely run now cant imagine it with multiplayer..

would be very interesting and if had a good partner to do coop ... but would have to have voice communications..

perhaps in a few years when the net is faster and even beefier computers..

There is a mod for it. I dont know how it works and Ive never used it but it does exist.

Ther person talking about the net and shit, WTF are you smoking?

sorry youngster I dont smoke or do illicits

you also have no knowledge of computers. There is nothing technically preventing a multi player oblivion mod. The data sent over the network to accomplish this would be minuscule. only a few variables would need to be sent, things to keep the two game worlds in sync (timing variables), and information about the actions of the other player. It could probably done with enough bandwidth on a modem connection.

It also would not significantly increase the processing requirements on either the host or server machine. The actual amount of data that would need to be processed would pale in comparison to the normal game itself, and really wouldn't cause any measurable change in framerate.

How do you think other equally demanding games do 8+ player multiplayer?
How do you think World of Warcraft handles 10000+ people per server? (actually in that case there is a lot more being done server side than in a player hosted game.. but thats a topic for another thread)

i think oblivion multiplayer would be pretty awesome, but not very feasible (spelling?)

i think oblivion multiplayer would be pretty awesome

It really would, but i guess it's too late in the game for modders to be bothered to work on it any more. I mean, there'll be something new out soon which will get their attention.

I know Morrowind had a multiplayer mod so I wouldn't be surpised if there was one somewhere for Oblivion.

The Morrowind mod created an NPC in each client of the other player and just tracked movements and what not. It was as advanced as it was allowed seeing as how the game didn't support multiplayer.

I know Morrowind had a multiplayer mod so I wouldn't be surpised if there was one somewhere for Oblivion.

The Morrowind mod created an NPC in each client of the other player and just tracked movements and what not. It was as advanced as it was allowed seeing as how the game didn't support multiplayer.

That's basically the stage MuliTES4 is at. You basically see a naked NPC which moves to the co-ordinates of the other player. It'd be nice if someone created some sort of deathmatch or something.

Back