Oblivion : Mouse and keyboard die

Lush

n00b
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
26
Mouse stops moving keyboard does not respond, it happens everytime I play five minutes into the game.
 
It could be your system is having a hard time loading areas...? What are your system specs? As in, what processor; motherboard; video card; and ram are you using?
 
dfi lanparty x200 crossfire mobo
amd fx 57
x1800 xt 512 meg
250 gig seagate caviar hdd
2 gigs patriot ballistix 500 mhz
 
lol, well it looks like your spec's shouldn't be the problem. But I had the game crash on me once already when loading an Area and the intro movie is all fubar everytime I play...I guess I'm not much help.

Your best bet may be to defrag your hard drive and lower the game's quality settings and see what that does. If you're oc'ing, you may want to throttle it back as well.
 
I had the same problem, it apparently has something to do with sound acceleration.

The instructions in this thread fixed it,
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=278993

Though 'fix' is probably a generous word there, as that fix I think disables some sound tracks etc, but otherwise works fine.
Hope an official fix comes out soon, better than nothing until though.
 
Yeah, I tried that, and it crashed about 10 minutes earlier than it did before hah :(
 
Lush said:
Yeah, I tried that, and it crashed about 10 minutes earlier than it did before hah :(
Ouch, mine has only crashed once and I assumed it was just a problem with loading terrain. Have you tried reading the "technical support" document that is part of the first menu you see when starting the game? I haven't read it, but it may have some documented problems and solutions in there.
 
alot of times what happens with me is that the screen turns black and i can hear my character doing stuff but i cant see crap, so i just have to alt tab out and close it. i gues ill try to find a fix for it eventually.
 
Back
Top