Oblivion Mods?

Moose777

2[H]4U
Anywhere to get them? Don't post Tessource.net. I used to love Tessource.net but I just noticed they installed a queue system and theres no way in friggin' hell I'm waiting 20 minutes to DL a 40 meg file. Fuck that noise.

This sucks because I loved thier layout it was easy to find what you were looking for and now I've got to sit idle and waste my time to DL mods?

Does anyone know of any other good sites that haven't gone to this retarded queue system?

I noticed that yesterday. It's probably due to the high bandwidth they've been getting the past month. I was going to post the Oblivion Mod thread and a few other links but they all use tessource.net in most of the links.

Thank you captain obvious. That thread links to Tessource.net. I asked for mods that are not linked to TESS.

Also, has anyone else had trouble with the illumination mod? I can't get this mod to work; when I use it all of my windows turn purple.

Moose777 said:
Thank you captain obvious. That thread links to Tessource.net. I asked for mods that are not linked to TESS.

Also, has anyone else had trouble with the illumination mod? I can't get this mod to work; when I use it all of my windows turn purple.

I have the same problem. I tried using illuminationwithin and illuminationwithout. I went back to the TES site and when I clicked to redownload it (appearently there is a fix in the updated version), I got the "wait in queue" BS and didn't have time to wait. I'll try it again later when I have time.

Great linkies:
Optimising Oblivion v3.0: Into Modblivion
By Ashton Mills | April 20, 2006
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36919

Ten essential Oblivion mods
By APY, 2006-04-19
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=41

From personal experience, I love the natural environment mod, the natural wildlife mod, the mod that allows you to bash locks open as a warrior, the faster turning horses mod, and the no psychic guards mods. BTMod is a must, and the coloured maps are great. Oh yeah, don't grab any of those mods that mess with enemy levels unless you are playing for a second time. Having enemies proportionate to your level allows for smoother gameplay and you won't get stuck somewhere because you haven't "level grinded" enough.. atleast in my opinion. Enjoy!

MeTaSpARKs said:
Great linkies:
Optimising Oblivion v3.0: Into Modblivion
By Ashton Mills | April 20, 2006
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36919

Ten essential Oblivion mods
By APY, 2006-04-19
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=41

From personal experience, I love the natural environment mod, the natural wildlife mod, the mod that allows you to bash locks open as a warrior, the faster turning horses mod, and the no psychic guards mods. BTMod is a must, and the coloured maps are great. Oh yeah, don't grab any of those mods that mess with enemy levels unless you are playing for a second time. Having enemies proportionate to your level allows for smoother gameplay and you won't get stuck somewhere because you haven't "level grinded" enough.. atleast in my opinion. Enjoy!
I've had the BTMod since it came out. I still have no idea what it does. I saw the 10 essential mod list and I don't see why I'd want any of them. Well, with the exception of the natural envioroment one.

Moose777 said:
Well, I was all excited for that link. Then I go to DL a mod and guess what? Fileplanet wants me to pay for the mod. Screw that.
There's a free account option, or I can just PM you and you can use mine if you want. Register Link

Moose777 said:
Well, I was all excited for that link. Then I go to DL a mod and guess what? Fileplanet wants me to pay for the mod. Screw that.

Dude, thats the way most filet sharing places work. Don't wanna wait? Pay up! Wanna be cheap? Sit in line. Get used to it, file hosting, servers, IT structure, support, elecricity and bandwith arn't free.

Coldtronius said:
Dude, thats the way most filet sharing places work. Don't wanna wait? Pay up! Wanna be cheap? Sit in line. Get used to it, file hosting, servers, IT structure, support, elecricity and bandwith arn't free.
The good thing about Oblivion mods is that they are really small so you rarely wait in line, but still get the great speed!

dj_2004 said:
The good thing about Oblivion mods is that they are really small so you rarely wait in line, but still get the great speed!

True as well, I think the biggest mods I downloaded was the texture 2048x2048 replacement and Illumination Within. All others have been less then a meg amazingly...

Coldtronius said:
I bought the game. I pay my internet bill. It is not my responsibility to keep everyone ele's web server up and running. If they can't afford it then shut-it down. I hold a job to pay my electricity, internet, satellite bills. I don't ask people to give me money whenever they come into my house, watch my TV use my internet eat my food.

I don't have to get used to it. I'm able to keep up my end of things and if those running these sites have sponsors who pay them for advertising space and they have jobs then guess what, they don't need my money to keep it up. I can't justify $60 a year for a site to DL files for one game once in a while. If you can just throw away money like that that's your perogative. I'm not throwing my hard earned money away to pay $60 for a 4 meg file.

If you want the content THEY are hosting on THEIR servers, you can pay or wait in line.. YOU want something from THEM, THEY want money from YOU for it.. Or you can just wait in line.. I don't see the problem.. Just another example of someone figuring out they could make money off of something they used to give away free..

Not to mention that the ad biz is not quite as good as it used to be for most sites.. There is ever increasing competition over those ad dollars..

Moose777 said:
I bought the game. I pay my internet bill. It is not my responsibility to keep everyone ele's web server up and running. If they can't afford it then shut-it down. I hold a job to pay my electricity, internet, satellite bills. I don't ask people to give me money whenever they come into my house, watch my TV use my internet eat my food.

I don't have to get used to it. I'm able to keep up my end of things and if those running these sites have sponsors who pay them for advertising space and they have jobs then guess what, they don't need my money to keep it up. I can't justify $60 a year for a site to DL files for one game once in a while. If you can just throw away money like that that's your perogative. I'm not throwing my hard earned money away to pay $60 for a 4 meg file.

Then play the game stock bud. The internet doesn't revolve around you

I'm god. Everything revolves around me. ;)

I'll find a site that doesn't rape people for free mods. I can almost bet you that the creators of the mods don't want people to pay for them. You and everyone else can bend over and take it up the ass for mods. I won't.

Moose777 said:
I'm god. Everything revolves around me. ;)

I'll find a site that doesn't rape people for free mods. I can almost bet you that the creators of the mods don't want people to pay for them. You and everyone else can bend over and take it up the ass for mods. I won't.

They're not charging for the mods, that's against the EULA and would make then liable to Bethesda. What they are charging for is use of their infrastructure and easy access capability. Now if you don't want to wait or pay, well there's always google. Or vanilla Oblivion.

Back