Oblivion Mod - Lok Klar

josh_fick

n00b
The BETA of Lok Klar can be found here:

http://www.tessource.net/files/cache/3450.html

Here are some updates on the upcoming room for Lok Klar.

I'm implementing a trap heavy dungeon to lok klar, one which challenges the player for skill in movement as well as skill with a weapon. This is a very trap oriented area, so I'm hoping to get some input here.

What traps are just plain annoying? What do you hate the most in levels?

If you tried the previous Lok Klar, what do you think I could have done better? I am very interested in criticism and will not feel bad if you tell me where to improve, or even if its garbage. But, if you do say its crap, please give me some areas I can improve on for you.

Do you mind having to retread an area to get a key, or is it better to have a key be a challenge that you have to find a way to get to when you know it's there? Do you hate traps that have multiple ways to get through them, or do you prefer to have traps with only one way to get through?

Also, if a trap is there just to kill you, does that annoy the hell out of you, or do you chuckle, reload and try again?

So far, I've been implementing traps that give 2 or 3 different ways to get past them to try and keep you thinking and reward you for that effort, I would like input so I know how much is too much, and would also like to know what types of rewards you feel are best.

are superior weapons wanted more, better armor, or maybe some upgrade books?

I'm open for suggestion, I want this to be a very rewarding experience and will implement those ideas I see fit the overall feel of this plugin the best.

josh_fick said:
What traps are just plain annoying? What do you hate the most in levels?
Repetitive level design is boring.

josh_fick said:
Do you mind having to retread an area to get a key, or is it better to have a key be a challenge that you have to find a way to get to when you know it's there? Do you hate traps that have multiple ways to get through them, or do you prefer to have traps with only one way to get through?
Multiple ways is fine, but I think a fair number of traps that can be only passed in one certain way should be added too. This might make them a little bit more challenging.

josh_fick said:
Also, if a trap is there just to kill you, does that annoy the hell out of you, or do you chuckle, reload and try again?
That's kind of pointless considering how easy it is to save. Just a minor annoyance.

josh_fick said:
are superior weapons wanted more, better armor, or maybe some upgrade books?
I would say a decent weapon is needed more than armor. You can already get a lot of good armor... in fact I have some "god mode" armor configs that make me a completely unstoppable force (reflect damage, chameleon, etc.). Or some reusuable black soul gem item.

That was a great response, thanks a bunch.

I gotta say, the reuseable blacksoul gem item seems to be a pretty interesting idea, I'm gonna look into just how I could do such a thing.

That would really make the game a lot more fun at times.

The original lok klar has 3 new weapons in it, all 3 of which really take weapons to the next level. a very powerful dagger, a very powerful sword, and finally something I've been wanting to see forever, a really powerful warhammer.

The warhammer is something that's been driving me nuts, the game favors swords so much, but it makes no sense a giant hammer wouldn't just be crushing. So I made one that was massively powerful and hid it in the level.

I'm going to go ahead and code a more powerful version of azuras star, name it something like Lok Klar's Curse and give it black soulgem abilities.

thanks again!

edit:

well on further review I have to say I am extremely disapointed in TES CS. It seems that black soul gems are hard coded into the engine. I can't even duplicate one and change the name and add a script to it. So there is no way to get that item to work, about the only thing I might be able to do is make a magic bag that gives you a new one once you use one up. I'm thinking on that one, but yeah, I'm a very annoyed monkey. :mad:

Back