Oblivion help - Charging items

adamadekat

Gawd
I was wondering if there was a cheaper, more efficient way to charge my weapons on Oblivion. I still have one Varla stone left, but that is really valuable and I was thinking of selling it. So is there a skill I can attain to charge my weapons, or someone cheap who does it?

I think if you do the Azuras shrine quest, you get a reusable soul gem. just fill it up and charge away.

Soul gems enchant items. He's talking about charging, which is different.

There isn't a skill to enable you to do it yourself. It's either Varla stones, or paying a mage for the service.

Soul gems also recharge items. Your options for recharging are soul gems, Varla stones, or paying someone to do it for you.

I just found out about the soul gems charging things... sure makes it easier and a heck of a lot cheaper!

now my question... black soul gems .. how should they be used?

You need black soul gems to trap the souls of humanoids. None of the other gems are big enough.

Hey guys, I had a question while we were on this topic. Where in the world can I find a black soul gem? I'm trying to perform one of the Daedric quests and it requires me to offer a black soul gem as a gift.

Thanks

Start playing the Mages Guild quests and you'll run into some eventually, and also learn how to make your own.

beanman101283 said:
You need black soul gems to trap the souls of humanoids. None of the other gems are big enough.

Wow I put 163 hours into a pure mage and I never knew that!

Making Black Soul Gems: place a soul gem on a Necromancers alter/shrine, cast a soul trap spell on it, voila! Black Soul Gem. As everyone said enchanting and charging (no difference) are both handled by soul gems. Just do Azura's shrine quest.

nemesis27 said:
place a soul gem on a Necromancers alter/shrine, cast a soul trap spell on it, voila! Black Soul Gem.

There's more to it than that. It won't work at just any old time. The necromancy altars are found outside caves and ayleid ruins where the necromancers have their largest hideouts. Each altar has one night (I think it's one night per week) when it is illuminated by a mysterious supernatural light. The times they're lit are generated randomly each time you start a new game, so you can't find them posted online, you just have to sit and Wait by the altar, checking after dark every night until it lights up. Stand back from it, otherwise you'll be standing in the light yourself and it will be hard to see the difference.

When it's lit up, put your empty Grand Soul Gems inside (as many as you want). Cast Soul Trap on the altar once for each Gem you want to convert. When you go to take them out, they will be Black.

Back