• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Oblivion: Garridon's Tears

Unknown-One

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
8,909
I'm in the middle of the quest to find Garridon's Tears, and I've found 4 of them in the snow around the large block of ice (if you've done the quest, you know what I'm talking about).

My question is, are there more than 4 of these things?

PS: There is a small bug in the area; you can actually climb up the rather steep sides of the valley and get on top. It looks like instead of actually building the space into the normal exterior of the world, they put it in the same way as a city; this naturally makes for some very interesting views when you climb out 0_o
 
There is one more. When you get them all your journal will update and tell you have them all.

Spoiler
It is hidden in between two rocks.
 
I had the same problem. I found 4 but couldn't find the 5th. I had to go back there 3 times and spent who knows how long looking around that little area before I finally found the 5th.
 
easiest way to find all the things is to turn off HDR or bloom, whichever you are using and search. waiting for night might help a bit more. That minimises the glow effect, and they are easier to see.
 
I think the game places the five tears randomly, every time you lead that game.
It's good to know that they're all going to be in the icy area, and not some place in the woods. :eek:
 
I gave the guy all 5 tears then stole them out of his display case after :)
 
you may have just checked in the snow around the ice in the center, climb up on the ice and theres one by the frozen guy.
 
have someone experimented with light or nighteye powers? Does it make them easier to spot?

I had kind of issues myself finding all bu I managed but had to search quite a bit.
 
I found a map of where they all where, Cant remember which forums it was on tho.
 
On my girlfriend's game sometimes the 5th one simply wouldn't be there. We ended up going in and out of the area 2-3 times (and wiating around) and eventually it would just show up. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but I'm *certain* that one of the tears wasn't always there.
It's not a "Harlan's Keep" style bug as it seems to be fixable by going in and out of the area, but I'm pretty sure it's a legit bug.
 
I have the quest and attempted it but keep freezing to death.. How do you not freeze to death in this quest?
 
Lazy_Moron said:
I have the quest and attempted it but keep freezing to death.. How do you not freeze to death in this quest?

Get a ring or amulet with frost protection, or go back to that guy who gave you the quest and he'll give you like 5 bottles of frost protection potion.
 
Yeah if you're a high elf with apprentice sign this one's gonna be a bitch. Definately load up on some resist magic/frost. Possibly go make a spell for 100% if you have to. Because if you don't find them right away you could be there for a while.
 
Theres 3 around the center in plain view, 1 between 2 rocks, and the 5th one is on the mound itself next to the frozen guy.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
I have the quest and attempted it but keep freezing to death.. How do you not freeze to death in this quest?
I am a nord, with built in frost sheild. :p

I would search for a minute, run out, heal, then run back in. Try to spot the tears before you run in.
 
Anarchist4000 said:
Yeah if you're a high elf with apprentice sign this one's gonna be a bitch. Definately load up on some resist magic/frost. Possibly go make a spell for 100% if you have to. Because if you don't find them right away you could be there for a while.

LOL Thats ME!
High Elf, Apprentice Birth Sign.
Magic is not my friend.. well not when it's used on me.
 
there is a map on this forum. this topic was already posted once you might just have to dig it up like i did but they were all in the same spot as the map showed
 
D3v01D said:

If I recall correctly, that's from the Prima strategy guide. As it is copyrighted, there may be legal issues surrounding its posting.

Anyhow, I did the same as L1ght, except I'm a Breton without frost shield. ;) I think I just made a couple of potions on the spot to protect myself somewhat, hit myself with a Frost Shield spell, and went in for a few seconds then came back out and used the healing spell a few times. Quite tedious, but it worked.
 
carl67lp said:
If I recall correctly, that's from the Prima strategy guide. As it is copyrighted, there may be legal issues surrounding its posting.

Image removed.


 
I just kept casting restore health over and over again. A little repetative, but overall a piece of cake to stay alive. The whole glowing area thing is definately a pain though. Those tears are hard to see. Turning off HDR helped a bit, but for me it was mostly a problem of looking in the rocks. I found the first four pretty quickly, but the one in the rocks took me a while.
 
Back
Top