Oblivion fans: Looking for some stuff!

djBon2112

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello my fellow Oblivion fans. It's my favourite game by a longshot, and I've played it almost since it came out. However, after playing through the main quest for the second time (I mostly play evil characters, but that's gotten a little boring too!), I'm looking on some advice to add more to the game. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone can recomend me some good, extensive mods to:

- Add another guild/faction to the game (preferable evil)
- Add some more land to the game (is this even possible?)

Recommendations? I'm already rocking Kvatch Rebuilt, but I was hoping someone's created a mod to let me venture outside Cyrodiil or get involved in another guild.

The archeologist guild mod was decent. Good items, but it's a neutral quest in that you're mostly dungeon clearing i believe. And get yourself OOO (Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul), makes it a new game.

You could try FCOM. It's easier to install now, what with the tools people have made to simplify it.

Also, try going to TESNexus and browse through the Top 100 and Top 5 Mods of the Month.

I'm already rocking OOO, just can't play the game without it :p

What does FCOM do? And I'll check out both the Archaeologist mod and TESNexus.

Sounds like you could use a new playstyle more than a bunch of new mods.

Try this out: Don't buy anything from vendors, which'll force you to become self-sufficient with alchemy, spell-making and so forth. Disable fast travel and the quest marker. Increase the difficulty level a bit. Just mixing it up a little by making things more difficult for you might breathe quite a bit of life into the game.

Sounds like you could use a new playstyle more than a bunch of new mods.

Try this out: Don't buy anything from vendors, which'll force you to become self-sufficient with alchemy, spell-making and so forth. Disable fast travel and the quest marker. Increase the difficulty level a bit. Just mixing it up a little by making things more difficult for you might breathe quite a bit of life into the game.

I disagree, because I've tried this before; making the game harder just frustrates me... I wanted new content, not the same content only harder. Thanks though.

Play Morrowind.

I never did get into it, though I might give it a try again. It would definitely be new!

I second Morrowind. *EDIT* Play Morrowind with mods!!! Infact, just skip the native playthrough. Get the graphical mods at least.

Also, take a look at this. Special note for the Big mods listing.
http://knol.google.com/k/devnull-devakm/toql-the-oblivion-quest-list/2xu0v7u1nzut0/2#

Do anything done by Simyaz.
Giskard has done extensive work too. I need to get back to Oblivion to try his latest.
The Dungeons of Ivellon felt like Diablo 1 minus Diablo's shortcomings, really awesome crawl. (don't ruin it with light magic and do it before you become god-like powerful)
Servant of the Dawn for the evil.
Lost Spires. I haven't tried the latest, it should be amongst the sharpest.

Wow, there's a lot more than there used to be. After I've exhausted Dragon Age, I should try these other ones out.

Back