Oblivion compared to Fallout 3

Houses, and the furniture for houses. Other than that, maybe some daedric items. I can't remember who would be selling those.

Mods make both games amazing and brings my system to it's knees or the game engine. I'm not really sure. Once you take mods into account it's just swords and magic vs guns.

I just ordered Morrowind since I've never played it. I need to start looking into Morrowind mods.

Yeah, Morrowind was awesome. Honestly not sure which I like better. Oblivion was a little more stable with the crashes for me ( :eek: And we know how stable Oblivion was). I've been playing a lot of Morrowind and not Oblivion recently. Get the mods for sure! You can almost have a near vanilla Oblivion graphic experience with mods (better in many cases).

Yeah, Morrowind was awesome. Honestly not sure which I like better. Oblivion was a little more stable with the crashes for me ( :eek: And we know how stable Oblivion was). I've been playing a lot of Morrowind and not Oblivion recently. Get the mods for sure! You can almost have a near vanilla Oblivion graphic experience with mods (better in many cases).

Ok, you need to point me in the right direction for some Morrowind mods. :D Any suggestions would be great.

Oblivion being more stable than Morrowind is kind of scary. That is a little depressing to hear.

Last edited:
Well, when it comes to mods, you have to be a little more careful in Morrowind than Oblivion, but for the most part things aren't much different. Some people rarely seem to have problems with crashing. My old sound card had issues with certain mods, so I had a harder time.

If you cram your game with a bunch of graphic enhancers, then you probably won't see much of any stability problems. (at least not for me).
But as for quest mods or other mods that make heavy use of scripts... well, take those in carefully (one mod at a time is the ideal). Some aren't a big deal, but if you get too many, things get less stable. You will have to try out some mods and see if they agree with mods you already have. But again, If you're after modded textures/armours/clothes/weapons/bodies/effects then things should run great.

As for musts:
1)Unofficial patch
2)Morrowind Code patch (modifies the exe).
3)Morrowind Graphics Extender (3rd party graphics program. Can pick your shaders among many other things). Was always stable for me.
4)Probably want morrowind enhanced (another 3rd part program). Was always stable for me.

If you want to be a vampire, then definitely Vampire Embrace.

Get a world texture pack!

Also get Better Bodies and the clothing/armor mods for it. I'm not sure what the latest head replacement project is (a few good choices), but get one of those too.

You can try Morrowind Script Extender, but my system would crash more frequently with it. Also seemed to corrupt my save games. Others have no problem with it.

Other than that, search the morrowind mods forum for "recommended mods." or "must have."

Also its fun to look at people's screen-shots and ask them where they got that from.

If your game is still stable after a good play through, then grab some awesome quest mods.

Cool, thanks. It just arrived at my doorstep. :D

Are the rebalancing mods necessary like they are with Oblivion?

Oh yeah, Morrowind Advanced is good to have.

Other than that, you can look at piratelords stuff. But there really isn't a need for OOO like mods or anything. Creature level scaling to the player isn't bad in Morrowind as it was with Oblivion. Almost forgot, but you also want Morrowind Comes Alive. Might also want to consider a mod that deals with the MCA bandits attacking you though. (sometimes they attack you even when you're at too low of a level to fight back). Still MCA is another near-must.

Edit...
Forgot Wyre Mash. It does all other kinds of stuff like fix save games, fix mods, and merge dialogues from various mods.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Morrowind Advanced is good to have.

Other than that, you can look at piratelords stuff. But there really isn't a need for OOO like mods or anything. Creature level scaling to the player isn't bad in Morrowind as it was with Oblivion. Almost forgot, but you also want Morrowind Comes Alive. Might also want to consider a mod that deals with the MCA bandits attacking you though. (sometimes they attack you even when you're at too low of a level to fight back). Still MCA is another near-must.

Edit...
Forgot Wyre Mash. It does all other kinds of stuff like fix save games, fix mods, and merge dialogues from various mods.

Thanks, you've been a big help. I'm going to have to install her this weekend. :D

Back