Oblivion - Careful Where You Store Items

Four year old necro! People still play Oblivion?

I actually just started a new game about 5 days ago because I never got around to Shivering Isles.

Not that this thread was useful now (though, it might have been 4 years ago, I don't remember), or anything...just amused to see an Oblivion thread while I'm playing it again.

yeah, its a great game, some 4 years ago. I played the hell out of it, then I played the expansion. Same with FO3. I'll be there for the next installment. But that is pretty much it, saw all there is to see, did all there was to do, now have moved on. There is only so much variety before it all gets old and the same.

Yeah, I'm giving Oblivion another play through myself after a few years off. Too many awesome new mods.

If you're on Morrowind, can't forget the non-decaying dead bodies, like Uvirinth's Grave. Unlimited storage!

If only they made a mod for Oblivion to give it Morrowind's UI. I forget which mod I have for Oblivion, and while it helps the UI, it still has nothing on Morrowind.

With mods Oblivion doesn't just become the most REplayable game I know, it becomes almost virtually endless, I literally haven't even discovered/seen 25% of the awesomeness in my game.

However, for anyone playing on the pc that wants an easy way to see if a chest is safe to store in there's this. Among many other great uses for it when used on a container it will tell you if it is safe for storage or not.

There's also a bank mod that contains a safebox for storing items.

Very old thread, but I found it through google search searching for a safe place other than the one I found. Here's my addition:

Spoiler: In the Orwen priory, the brother's locked chest tha tyou get from, "Assistance"at the very beginning of hte game works for me and is hte only place I've found that works. My stuff was still there even after the place got attacked so I'm pretty positie it's the safest place..

Don't forget how Oblivion's game engine resets world cells. Only if you haven't visited an area in three whole in-game days the cell will be purged. However if you revisit a cell very frequently the cell may never reset simply because it never has a chance to "expire". Your safe chest IS NOT safe at all. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a house. Even the Waterfront District hovel will get you completely safe storage (houses are never reset!) for 2000 septims.

If you want to know which containers are safe: this website is the best reference for anything related to un-modified oblivion.

If only they made a mod for Oblivion to give it Morrowind's UI. I forget which mod I have for Oblivion, and while it helps the UI, it still has nothing on Morrowind.

I can't play Oblivion or Fallout 3 with out DarNs DarNified UI. Simply a must have for any PC gamer. Console folks may not mind it, but man when your used to PC UIs, default simply sucks rocks!

I really should reinstall Oblivion, seeing I never finished the end. I always get a bad case of restartitis with Bethesda games and I kinda got sick of the main quest after awhile so simply moved on to other games. Totally intending to come back after a short period. It's been what, 3ish years unfortunately. :D

Oblivion and Morrowind are those immortal type games like Diablo 2.

There isn't a problem in Oblivion that a mod hasn't fixed. (minor exaggeration, but not far from the truth) My favorite mod is the crash prevention system. Crashes *can* still happen, but FAR less.

If you're referring to the grid-style inventory, yes there is a mod for that. wz_inventory.

Heh. I put about 20 hrs into it originally and got sidetracked.......my drive crashed, and I lost the save so I never played it again. Maybe I should give it a whirl....it's still sitting on the shelf.

Back