objective portable media player reviews?

hmm...

Weaksauce
Is there a site somewhere that reviews portable media players like the Creative Zen Nano and Sandisk Digital Audio Players using the signal coming out of the player (w/o stock earbuds)?.

edit: a graph like signal quality (or noise) at various freq would be nice

hmm... said:
Is there a site somewhere that reviews portable media players like the Creative Zen Nano and Sandisk Digital Audio Players using the signal coming out of the player (w/o stock earbuds)?.

edit: a graph like signal quality (or noise) at various freq would be nice

you know i use to be all for Creative audio players until i purchased a Creative Zen Micro for my girlfriend, and ever since then i will never purchase another Creative portable audio player again! This thing has had more problems than anything else i have ever had. They wont warrenty it now, and it wont turn on any more so its just sitting in my glove box. I hope someone breaks into my car and steals it so i can claim it on insureance.

Well this thread sure is off to a good start :p

Anyways, let's at least have a bill of materials for each player reviewed, so we have an idea of what to expect from the reference measurements of key components like DAC, amplifier section, etc.

Back