Obama Picks Net Neutrality Backer as FCC Chief

lol, it doesn't matter.. when the regulation puts the market in that situation, it's the only way they can make their money back since nobody is making their payments. They just pass the buck to the next..
You are grossly exaggerating the problem of those defaulting on their mortgage because they are unable to pay. Let's take a look at the default rate for the last several years. Then compare it to your statement. As you can see, the rates were fairly flat for most of the last 8 years. So there were vastly, vastly more people who paid their bills than those who did not.

Q308%2BMortgage%2BCharge%2Boff%2Brate%2Band%2Bdelinquency%2Brate.bmp

lol, it doesn't matter..
So just ignore one part of the problem because it doesn't fit into your ideology? How does the mass leveraging of financial institutions that took place during the last 8 years not matter? Tell that to all the corporations that were brought to their knees because they realized that they were paying for shit all this time.

You are grossly exaggerating the problem of those defaulting on their mortgage because they are unable to pay. Let's take a look at the default rate for the last several years. Then compare it to your statement. As you can see, the rates were fairly flat for most of the last 8 years. So there were vastly, vastly more people who paid their bills than those who did not.

rofl.. yeah, the credit and housing market is in awesome shape..
lol.gif

So just ignore one part of the problem because it doesn't fit into your ideology? How does the mass leveraging of financial institutions that took place during the last 8 years not matter? Tell that to all the corporations that were brought to their knees because they realized that they were paying for shit all this time.
No, I didn't ignore it, I went on to explain it. Nice way of snipping the quote though.

So instead of responding to my point, you put words in my mouth. Nice :eek:

hmm.. yup, I grossly exaggerated the probems... yup.

I really hope you aren't being serious.

Wait.. I just want to be sure I'm actually living in the same country as you are.. Are you living in the USA right now? If you don't see a grossly huge problem in our credit and housing markets, there's no point in even trying to convince you.

What does it matter?

Economic problems in the USA >>> economic problems in the whole world. It's for everyone's sake that the US economy is healthy.

Anyway, one of my brothers (I'm not in the US btw) just bought a house. Low interest rate, low houseprice. Perfect. :)

One of my other brothers bought a home around two years ago. Now his house is worth less than his mortgage. Crap :(

Anyway, it's really annoying to see people taking a mortgage based on the idea that your downpayments get in the stock market. And if the average gain is 8% per year on a 30 year basis you can then pay down your $300,000 house with only having paid $30,000

Sure... :rolleyes:

hmm.. yup, I grossly exaggerated the probems... yup.

I really hope you aren't being serious.
Yes, you did.

w1retap said:
it's the only way they can make their money back since nobody is making their payments. They just pass the buck to the next..

You claimed that financial institutions were forced to engage is such risky behavior because it was the only way they could make money. You said this was the result "since nobody is making their payments."

From 1999-Q12007, the delinquency rate was under 2.5%. That means that the vast, vast majority of people were making their payments, over 97%. So much for "nobody" making their payments.:rolleyes:

Wait.. I just want to be sure I'm actually living in the same country as you are.. Are you living in the USA right now? If you don't see a grossly huge problem in our credit and housing markets, there's no point in even trying to convince you.
What are you talking about?

Please show me where I said the credit and housing markets were in good shape. :confused:

You really though "nobody" was out of absolute seriousness?
lol.gif
Come on, read into the economic situation we're in and apply it to the sarcasm. When I mean "nobody", I mean the billions upon billions of dollars that were not paid back on loans and mortgages which led to over 2 million foreclosures which are on the market right now.. and who knows how many countless repossessions of other assets. But like I said, if you can't even fathom the climate right now, you have no ground to stand on. Those "few percent" tanked the entire nation when the lenders had to bundle up their little "boxes" of loans and pass the buck to the next guy just to keep their company's head above water thanks to the regulation that forced them to make those loans.

This thread was a rollercoaster of informative and also hilarious comments.

w1retap, I have to tip my hat to you good sir. An unsurmountable wall of facts or logic stood no chance in changing your mind. Even the lowly ostrich would have to eventually accept that the answer does not lie with one's head in the sand.

But you proved that stupid bird wrong.

I salute you.

This thread was a rollercoaster of informative and also hilarious comments.

w1retap, I have to tip my hat to you good sir. An unsurmountable wall of facts or logic stood no chance in changing your mind. Even the lowly ostrich would have to eventually accept that the answer does not lie with one's head in the sand.

But you proved that stupid bird wrong.

I salute you.

You fail at thread necromancy...

Back