O 5800, 5800, Wherefor Art Thou 5800?

Did yours ship? Mine sat in "Processing" all day after they verified my CC with a phone call, but now says "All Backordered." Dammit.

Damn that sucks, I've gone through that w/ CC before.
Evidently, I was lucky enough to get my order in early as my card shipped.
Should receive on 12/2, unfortunately though I doesn't look like I got my MS cashback though as MS were having issues w/ the service that day.

Damn that sucks, I've gone through that w/ CC before.
Evidently, I was lucky enough to get my order in early as my card shipped.
Should receive on 12/2, unfortunately though I doesn't look like I got my MS cashback though as MS were having issues w/ the service that day.
I guess I'll call them tomorrow to cancel and grab one from Newegg when they are available again.

Does anyone know if the offbrands like PowerColor & HIS come with molex-PCIE power adapters? I think my power supply only has one. I've seen it in the photos for some of the brands (Sapphire, XFX), but not all of them.

On the other side of the pond is not much better. 5870s are in all Polish shops marked as "To be delievered", with no chance to see them before X-Mas. Prices went up by about 30-40 USD too. Speaking not that 5970 is now about 1100 USD. Yeah... 1100 USD for graphics card.

I guess I'll call them tomorrow to cancel and grab one from Newegg when they are available again.

Does anyone know if the offbrands like PowerColor & HIS come with molex-PCIE power adapters? I think my power supply only has one. I've seen it in the photos for some of the brands (Sapphire, XFX), but not all of them.

I've had orders show a status of "processing" at newegg before even though the item was already shipped. Call them to verify. Not really worth all the activity of cancelling as the card has already been charged, especially if you're just going to repurchase it in a few days anyway. Plus, having already placed your order, even if they are OOS, you'll have priority when their next batch arrives over someone placing a new order.

As far as the molex, I've got the HIS 5870 and it came with adapters.

I gave in to temptation right when they came out.. i guess it payed off. nHell icould sell it for 475 and make a profit...

There are a decent amount of 5850's in stock today on Newegg, just ordered a Sapphire to go with my XFX. Damn $50 price bump since I got my first... oh well

Order it from Circuit City instead. Same 8% cashback, but if you pay via paypal you get an additional $10 off bringing it to $284.39 shipped.

You're allowed to use Paypal and get Bing.com cashback?? Dang it. :(

Then again, I got it before the price went up, so all-in-all I paid $285.

This post made me laugh! Not at you, with you.

Newegg has become quite the price gouger lately...Unless you like paying over the MSRP for a product.

The name Newegg Is now In the same league as BB.

I don't even start at Newegg anymore when looking for parts like I did years and years ago. Amazon's been making some nice inroads into actual hardware components, and Tigerdirect doesn't seem so bad anymore. Newegg is good for fast shipping, but not really for good prices.

Back