NZXT Switch 810 SSD Bracket dont work

fantomau

2[H]4U
I have this case and when i connect a drive to the removable tray, Be it a SSD or reg HDD, It doesnt detect the drive at all.

So I got a replacement part from NZXT for it and it does the same thing.

The only way the drive will be detected when connected in the tray is if I connect it the regular way, Sata power cable from PSU and sata data cable to mobo, Then alls well.

Wondered if anyone ran into this issue.

I tried several cables to see if it was a cable issue, And connected to the board, wouldnt work, but would the regular way. So its definately not a cable issue.

It worked for me although I only used it for about 2 hours.

I found out the reason

I connected my ssd to a sata3 port on the mobo and it detected it.
I then connected my ssd to a sata6 port on the mobo and it wouldnt detect it

I then connected my ssd directly to psu and sata3 port on mobo and detected
Then connected my ssd directly to psu and sata6 port on mobo and detected
(I used same cable on sata6 as i did previously)

So apparently the bracket isnt sata6 compatible.

If my drive works fine with same cable directly connected to psu and mobo, but wont with same cable connected to the bracket, Its safe to say it isnt compat.

So hopefully like Corsair did with the 800D, Release a sata6 compat board, NZXT will release a sata6 compat board, But thing is this is a 2012 CASE, Where the corsair 800D is alot older, So it shouldve had a compat board already.

I found out the reason

I connected my ssd to a sata3 port on the mobo and it detected it.
I then connected my ssd to a sata6 port on the mobo and it wouldnt detect it

I then connected my ssd directly to psu and sata3 port on mobo and detected
Then connected my ssd directly to psu and sata6 port on mobo and detected
(I used same cable on sata6 as i did previously)

So apparently the bracket isnt sata6 compatible.

If my drive works fine with same cable directly connected to psu and mobo, but wont with same cable connected to the bracket, Its safe to say it isnt compat.

So hopefully like Corsair did with the 800D, Release a sata6 compat board, NZXT will release a sata6 compat board, But thing is this is a 2012 CASE, Where the corsair 800D is alot older, So it shouldve had a compat board already.

Same thing on the PCB for the Corsair 800D. People weren't too happy about it.

Back