Hi guys, I have 4 Gentle Typhoons running in my ZFS server and although they are very quiet, I can hear them when going to sleep.
I was looking at the NZXT Sentry 2 and it seems like it could solve my current problem. The question I have though is, is it able to turn off the fan completely when in auto mode? The hard drives are really cool (as in temps) when doing nothing, but when I scrub they can really heat up without fans. I need a fan controller that can turn off the fans when the hard drives are idle and ramp them up when scrubbing.
Or are there other potential fan controllers that does what I need (I don't want to manually adjust every time I scrub as I might not be near the server), or is there another solution to this problem?
Hard drive fans are running at 50% (GT15 1850RPM), the case sounds like its off during the day, but at night it gets quieter and the humming annoys me when going to sleep.
Thanks!
I was looking at the NZXT Sentry 2 and it seems like it could solve my current problem. The question I have though is, is it able to turn off the fan completely when in auto mode? The hard drives are really cool (as in temps) when doing nothing, but when I scrub they can really heat up without fans. I need a fan controller that can turn off the fans when the hard drives are idle and ramp them up when scrubbing.
Or are there other potential fan controllers that does what I need (I don't want to manually adjust every time I scrub as I might not be near the server), or is there another solution to this problem?
Hard drive fans are running at 50% (GT15 1850RPM), the case sounds like its off during the day, but at night it gets quieter and the humming annoys me when going to sleep.
Thanks!