• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower

ParkyRFC

n00b
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
46
My knowledge is fairly limited in computer technology so I was just looking for some advice.

I've been considering this case for my new set-up. I really like the Orange/Black version as seen here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-034-NX&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=

This particular version seems to be difficult to find over here in the UK, but my main concern is that it doesn't support USB 3.0 technology. I know I can purchase this case in other colours with USB 3.0 but as I said, I really like this version.

How off-putting would that be for you guys? Would you consider it as major con? Any help would be appreciated!
 
Regardless USB 3.0 or not, there would only be one port on the top of the case that is usb 3 and one that is usb 2. I got rid of my phantom because of the placement of the usb ports.
 
I would just buy a 5.25 usb3.0/card reader.

I just built a new rig with the CM Storm Enforcer and of course it comes with two top front mounted usb 3.0 ports with supplied internal MB header cable but i did also add the below 5.25 " AFT usb 3.0 card reader that also comes with an additional usb 3.0 port. I just ran the AFT card readers cables out the back and plugged them into the MB I/O rear usb 3.0 ports.

BTW this is a great fast card reader that accepts ALL the current card types:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820176023
 
Back
Top