NZXT Now Offering Free PC Monitoring Software

PC interface looks like its from Windows 95. What's up with the "new" simple GUI everyone seems to be copying from Windows 8?

Ill check that out. Ever since Microsoft killed off Gadgets, its been a pain to keep my CPU, GPU and HDD monitors going. There is a patch to re-enable them but everytime I get a freaking Windows update, it zaps it and I have to re-download the patch again. Would like something complete and simple like those Gadget monitors were.

so far it seems like a decent little monitoring tool. One of my temp sensors on my HTPC mobo is reading 114C though....not sure why. All the others are in the 25C-32C range

Just looked at the pics. Made me giggle. It is an AIO monitoring though....so is hwinfo :rolleyes:

so far it seems like a decent little monitoring tool. One of my temp sensors on my HTPC mobo is reading 114C though....not sure why. All the others are in the 25C-32C range

Sounds like the same issue Speedfan was having!

I'm seeing 10-20% of CPU resources being used by this program and that's onna 4770K......bit of a resource hog IMHO.

But does Rainmeter have a chart that tracks it over time? Task manager can monitor this data over a minute or two but I have yet to find something simple that runs in the background that constantly monitors and tracks this activity.

The window is too big to just leave on the desktop so its no substitute for my Gadgets but I do like the detailed info. I am just leaving it minimized to the task bar and I can pull it up and check it out from time to time. Nice piece of software NZXT. If there was some way to come up with a smaller CPU and GPU monitor to work like a Gadget, that would be very welcomed. Id even pay for something like that since Gadgets arent working right on Windows anymore.

Damn no edit.

Forgot to add, Im not getting any unusual CPU or RAM usage out of this either. Its bouncing around from 1-3% depending on what Im doing on the desktop. RAM is holding steady at 103MB. Cant complain about that.

But does Rainmeter have a chart that tracks it over time? Task manager can monitor this data over a minute or two but I have yet to find something simple that runs in the background that constantly monitors and tracks this activity.

Rainmeter is more of a platform. You build skins as .ini files, define your meters, define your measures and your done. There are very simple skins and others that are pretty elaborate. I see no reason why you couldn't have some type of charting. Biggest issue is that there isn't any way to monitor GPU load.

Here's one that I built for myself
JoM1LpB.png

One of my temp sensors on my HTPC mobo is reading 114C though....not sure why. All the others are in the 25C-32C range

It is showing something similar for me, it gave me a notification for my mobo temp, says its 128*C. Not sure if that's right either.

My gpu temps are showing correctly (basing accuracy from core temp and speed fan readings.) but my cpu temps are just like with everything else, they bounce from 18*c-26*C.

My cpu reads this way on every temp monitor there is, except for speedfan. On everything all my hardware is the same across the board except for my cpu. with SF my cpu temp shows usually 32-35 for idle and around 40-41 at decent load during gaming and in the low 50s during render or anything max load.

Anyone have any insight as to why my temps would read like this for my cpu on all except speed fan.

PS. Also, in my UEFI bios, my temps show the same as speed fan.

For some reason i couldn't edit my last post. Sorry about the mistake, I don't get GPU temp readings from Core Temp :) I was getting my info for accuracy upon what speed fan was giving me.

I use Open Hardware monitor. It's quick, light, and it gives me a gadget on Windows 8.1 without using the gadgets hack.

Just looked at the pics. Made me giggle. It is an AIO monitoring though....so is hwinfo :rolleyes:

Can't view the stats on your smartphone with HWInfo though.

I feel this would be nice for people with a single monitor that need to check load temps while having issues during games - or if you don't have a 2nd monitor and game and just want to know what your temps and such are without wanting to use a screen-overlay program.

Biggest issue is that there isn't any way to monitor GPU load.
[/IMG]

The Rainmeter skin I have hooks into MSI AfterBurner and tells me GPU temp/load.

PC interface looks like its from Windows 95. What's up with the "new" simple GUI everyone seems to be copying from Windows 8?

Flat design is in. I can't wait until it is over, because it is very often done exceptionally badly.

rainmeter can do GPU monitoring thru a plugin that interfaces to MSI afterburner.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319558
I have it monitoring and graphing GPU temp, GPU load, framerate. I also have it monitoring GPU clock frequency. I made a custom gadget to do this. The only thing it is missing that I wish I could access is VPU load. that is a good way to see if you are using nvidia HW decode during video playback experiments.
Rainmeter has very low processor usage...significantly less than sidebar with the gadgets I had set up.

Meh, tried it for a day. Not my cup of tea.

I use Open Hardware monitor. It's quick, light, and it gives me a gadget on Windows 8.1 without using the gadgets hack.

That's my go to app and I am happily returning to it.

rainmeter can do GPU monitoring thru a plugin that interfaces to MSI afterburner.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319558
I have it monitoring and graphing GPU temp, GPU load, framerate. I also have it monitoring GPU clock frequency. I made a custom gadget to do this. The only thing it is missing that I wish I could access is VPU load. that is a good way to see if you are using nvidia HW decode during video playback experiments.
Rainmeter has very low processor usage...significantly less than sidebar with the gadgets I had set up.

Thanks, I'll need to check that our.

Back