NZXT Manta Mini-ITX Enclosure

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you have plans to build a mini-ITX system such as a LAN box, HTPC, or Steam Machine, the crew at PC Perspective recommend giving their review of the NZXT Manta mini-ITX case a look. According to the review it has very high build quality, excellent cooling capacity for mini-ITX and the fans are quiet.

The NZXT Manta is a mini-ITX enclosure that boasts better than average room for components and cooling, and is packaged in a rather unusual, rounded design. There is a reason for the Manta's somewhat bulbous appearance, and it's part of a recent trend in mini-ITX enclosure design; bigger is better. While you might think that mITX is all about fitting components into the smallest enclosure possible, there have been some recent examples of cases which expand the chassis to micro-ATX sizes (or above).

Im pretty sure i have used a atx case that is smaller than this and i know for sure the mini atx cases i use are smaller . hell its just 3" shy of a bit fenix survivor and thats not a small case.

whats up with these over sized mini itx cases of late ?

imagine ordering a mini itx system thinking of the all the room your going save ... and then this thing comes in ends being bigger than your old desktop.

That is an ugly, UGLY case. Looks like a bitfenix beat anorexia.

I gotta agree. These gross plastic cases that come out, even from premium companies like Corsair, well, I just don't get it.

It's a bit big for an ITX case. I mean if you want to go small and go so far as to go with a motherboard that only has one expansion slot on it, the size of the machine is obviously important...

It's just kind of big for a form-factor that's all about being small.

You can get cases at a similar size that support mATX. It makes very little sense to me.

While I do agree that the case looks are definitely subjective, I believe the functionality of this particular case was thought out fairly well as they had to make it larger to accommodate up to 2 280mm radiators. Price is a little steep though seeing as how you can pick up the Nano S for $65 w/o window and $70 w/window on Amazon but with the Nano, you're limited to a 240mm radiator in the top and even then the thickness of the radiator may conflict with the motherboard.

Back