• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NZXT Kraken x41

Motley

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
2,497
I just replaced my old Corsair H80 AIO cooler with the Kraken x41. WOW!!! This thing is so much better than the H80.

I have my new build with the 5820k OC'd to 4.4Ghz. With the H80 at idle would hover around 67-70C and with OCCT testing at 100% CPU usage it would sometimes reach 90C.

When I first installed the Kraken, the fan was only spinning at 1500 RPMs. And temps was the same as the H80. I was freaking out. Until I installed the CAM software. I selected the Performance setting with the fan at around 75% 3200 RPMs. Holy shit made a huge difference. Its still quiet enough. But the idle temps went down to 48C, and with OCCT testing the temps never went over 70C.

Love the customization with the lights, and monitoring also. Kinda liking the CAM software, pretty cool. Anyways, glad I made the right decision to replace the H80.
 
I have a Kraken x41 myself paired with a i5-4690k overclocked to 4.4Ghz.

My unit idles at 23-25C in silent mode in CAM software. Under load I switch to performance and never break 62C in OCCT. I have mine set up as Push/Pull in the exhaust port of my H440, if you have the ability I would suggest trying that out, increases performance even more.
 
Back
Top